Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Bucks

Stalking Bucks

Looking for a wee bit advice here guys! I have stalked deer for a long time and in relation to that picked up a fair bit ground on the way, one peice of ground i have, i have managed the bucks for a long time and i am in a position to start looking to take some of the older beasts out.(their belters) The question i am going to ask is i would rather see somebody else get the enjoyment out of doing so, and maybe get some financial return also! to the commercial stalkers out their what should i do in relation to advertising, costs, insurance etc, if it's to much hassle i won't bother, if not it maybe something worth thinking about!

Anybody help?

Hi VON, seems there is little interest in this one therefore if i can find the time i will come and shoot them for you, how does 20 sound???? plus tip of course (12ish)

How good are the said bucks?????

Nell

For what it's worth I am in a similar situation but I always invite friends rather than try anything commercial. If you've got the right mates and they're keen on a medal roe buck it almost always ends up in a super invite somewhere interesting, either on a different species of deer or game shooting or whatever. The unwritten 'swapsies' code generally means that you'll get to do something you might otherwise not do or just get a some decent time in a different location or whatever. Or simply advertise as a swap for something you want to do in the classifieds you'll get far more out of it than money I'd guess.

All the best

Rich

There all yours nell! Good deal, how could i turn an offer like that down. He he
    Last edited by Von; 23-02-2011 at 19:35.

That sounds a good idea also wiltshire boy! i have never been in it for the money, i was just curious. Really good idea also.

Advertise on here make sure they have their own insurance charge an outing fee 75 then whatever you agree with the client before they take the shot plenty of people will pay to shoot trophy animals !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    That sounds a good idea also wiltshire boy! i have never been in it for the money, i was just curious. Really good idea also.
    Von,

why not swap, do you need an alarm serviced or cctv serviced.
    i will do either or both for free for a stalk.
    if you want either installed i would be happy to so so if you buy the kit and i will do for free for a few stalks.

pm me if interested as to if anyone else is.

atb frank

Frank i will swap you a stalk for your camera

Over the while I have been on this forum I have noticed that there is a vast difference in the amount of ground available to contributors to the forum. Some have numerous acres perhaps built up over years or whatever, some would cut off their nuts just for a day out as they just cannot get ground. Unless stalking is paying your mortgage and putting food on your table why not invite some of the much less fortunate for either free or at expenses to you. To me stalking is a sport not some way to make cash. And before anybody asks, yes, I have taken people out on my ground, I have not charged them for stalking, I have written up portfolios for free, I have used my vehicle to take them there and have even let them take deer home. Why not, it's no real skin of my nose.