Summit Stalker Tree Ladder High Seat.

Cut+Squirt

Hi Lads,

I am toying with buying one of these Summit Stalker Tree Ladder High Seats.
Sportsman are currently selling them for £100.00.

Has any of you used them or had any experiance of them before I spend my cash.

Regards,

CADEX

I have one, It is a £100 high seat and I have shot deer from it and if someone steals it I wont have to post pages of libelous nonsense.

seriously its OK, give it a good coat of paint before you put it up and buy some stailess steel bolts and it will do. I have had mine for 3 years now. It is not in good nick but I should have done what I advised you to do. For all i use it for it is fine.

I have got 6 of them. Perfectly ok but have treated with waxoil in appropriate areas. The wood seat is the weak area. I had a guest shooter fall through the wood seat which is actually some set of layered ice cream wafer. I would replace this on building it! Cheap safe shooting option.

I've had 3 for 3 years now, like the others, it does the job. You kind of get what you pay for, if you shoot a couple of bucks from each seat they've been worth buying!

The wood seat is the weak area. I had a guest shooter fall through the wood seat which is actually some set of layered ice cream wafer. I would replace this on building it! .
I agree, due to the very hard winter and low temps the metal contracted and the wooden seat split, but apart from that they are OK.
Cheers
Richard

I now have one on order...................as one of the lads suggested I shall drench it in wax oil and reinforce the seat..........there wont be a deer for miles due to the stench of paint, wax oil, varnish, timber being cut.............:lol:

If it breaks in half my first time up it I shall blame you all !!!!!

From some of Cadex100's past projects I'm sure he'll scrimp on the paint and arrive at my door looking for used engine oil and creosote.

Back