London meet (the return)

hughsurrey

Gents,

Talking to Grandhubert this evening we thought it was time to try a London meet again.

If any of the guys who work in London, or live in or around the town fancy a meet up, a few shandys and hours of tall tales then please add your views on location and agenda?

The proposal is for a viewing at the Holts auction followed by a Thai curry around Hammersmith Tube

So far:

Grandhubert (Amir)
Geoshot
HughSurrey
Boghossian
Force 64
Buckup
Michael Clancy
Quercus
Pierred

Last edited:
Hi Hugh
I was talking about this with Amir a couple of nights back, count me in.
I live in Ealing and work in Central London so anywhere along the western bits of the Piccadilly, District or Central lines are easy for me.
ATB
Geo

Just seen this post! :oops:

Splendid, count that man Boghossian in as well Hugh!

I like the idea of a curry, I know a pub not too far from Hammersmith that has a decent Thai place built in to it.

It's also rather near the Holt's viewing room, the next sale is on the 24th of March with viewing days for two days before.

Just a thought but depending on what dates everyone is thinking of perhaps we could make a bit of evening of it?

I'm sure I could persuade a couple of guys who know a thing or two about guns to come along as well.

Regs,

Amir

That sounds a very good idea.

I live near Gatwick and work in Victoria. Often have in car in Central London as well though.

Please let me have further details when you know more.

I quite often have a look in Holt's.

Andy

Count me in and keep me posted. Hope I won't be playing Nobby no Mates again though. :confused:

:oops:

I won't get clamped and towed in Peterborough this time I promise!

But how the hell did you manage to miss Hugh?:lol:

My apologies for that mate, this time the chips are on me!

All night!

(Whilst stocks last and not at the expense of the beer fund, terms and conditions apply omissions and errors excepted )

Right lads!

What does the panel make of the plan so far?

Thai and beer near Hammersmith tube station ( on the District line ) after a trip to the viewing at Holts.

Depending on the date chosen I could possibly drag Dig Hadoke if anyone is interested in shotguns, particularly the vintage sort, and I'll be ( inevitably ) bringing along my multimedia presentation on last year's trip to SA.

Doe that ok to people as it begins to tie us down to dates?

Anyone interested but not sure if they can make it please post and let myself or Hugh know and we'll try and find the best date for everybody.

Best,

Amir

Our next main sale of Fine Modern & Antique Guns
Thursday 24th March 2011 10:30am
at:
Princess Louise House
190 Hammersmith Road
London W6 7DJ
Viewing: 10:00am - 8:00pm Tuesday 22nd March
9:00am - 7:00pm Wednesday 23rd March
9:00am to the end of the sale Thursday 24th March

Shall we do it on the Tuesday? Will allow us to get a good look at the guns before we get turfed out for loitering.
Amir, sorry 'Grand Hubert', do you want to get somewhere booked for after?

I see that Boggy is getting emotional so I'd better go ahead and set the date.

The next London meet will coincide with the late night viewing at Holt's Auctioneers on Tuesday the 22nd March.

We will be meeting thereafter in the Latymer pub on King street, nearest tube station Hammersmith on the District, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lat...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

The pub has quite a good Thai restaurant attached to it but there is a decent conventional curry house not too far away, I say we decide/argue about it on the night.

A few mates of mine, not off the site, will be there; feel free to bring others along.

ATB,

Amir

I see that Boggy is getting emotional so I'd better go ahead and set the date.

The next London meet will coincide with the late night viewing at Holt's Auctioneers on Tuesday the 22nd March.

We will be meeting thereafter in the Latymer pub on King street, nearest tube station Hammersmith on the District, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=lat...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

The pub has quite a good Thai restaurant attached to it but there is a decent conventional curry house not too far away, I say we decide/argue about it on the night.

A few mates of mine, not off the site, will be there; feel free to bring others along.

ATB,

Amir

Amir I will see if I'm in London on tues 22nd and will join you guys if so. What time are you going to Holts auction rooms from? and what time at Latymers pub?
cheers 50/50

Dig will probably be there more or less the whole day with another mate of mine, I plan to drift out of bed when the sun is warm and go and have a butcher's.

Pub from about 7pm onwards to be safe, I should think, and let's say 2pm onwards at Holts.

Remember to bring photo ID with you to get in to the viewing room and you don't need to register attendance. It's the one place I feel comfortable, nay cool, using my FAC as ID.

Grab my number off Adam or pm yours if you prefer.

A

Sorry guys I won't be able to make it now as wife's got to work a night shift and i'll have to look after the little ones.

Andy

An unusual juxtaposition last night in that Grandhubert was the only one (apart from myself) that did turn up :) Still good to have a wander round Holts and see what was around (still think you need gold plating and studs GH), then down to the pub for a drink some food and some fantastic story telling. Cheers to Amir for doing the organizing

Back