Thread: Minox - good service

Minox - good service

Just to give a quick word of credit to Minox customer service in Germany. I bought a pair of minox bv 8x42 abroad, brought them to the UK, and the rubber knob which covers the front tripod mount-system/screw,,thing.. fell off somewhere which exposed a bare steel area that could create shine/glare.

I sent an email to Minox, and next day there's a new one on its way to me for free!

Oh, and the bino's are brilliant too, ok not zeiss, but very good and with a 30 year warrenty.

ATB,

....just out of interest, which country did you buy them in? And was there any significant price difference?

Only reason I ask is that I have a German girl working for me and she often pops back home to Cologne, so if I ever decided to invest a pair of Minox bins then I could ask her to pick me some up whilst over there - if the difference was worth it.....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Hi,

They might be much cheaper in Germany, not sure, but I got mine in a closing down sale, so can't really tell you if there was arbitrage. sorry.

all the best,

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Hi,

They might be much cheaper in Germany, not sure, but I got mine in a closing down sale, so can't really tell you if there was arbitrage. sorry.

all the best,
    No prob, cheers mate. May ask her to poke her head into a shop or two next time she's over anyway......
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.