24 hr ration pack

Dovebob

I've been given one of the above. It is sealed up and it says something on the side about not opening it until I'm going to use it.

I've never seen one before. What is likely to be inside. Also, will there be a little burner with it ?

Cheers,

Bob

No there wont be a Hexi Burner inside it. You will need to find a way of heating it up. You can open the cardboard box, everything inside will be sealed. Hopefully you will have "Boil in the bag", that's all that has been in service for a good few years now. Also on each foil bag it will tell you what's onside. There are various menus available, A, B, C, D, etc......

You can also eat them cold if required.

Enjoy

TJ

Thank you TJ.

It has a purple sticker on the side with the number 3 on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it.

Cheers,

Bob

Thank you TJ.

It has a purple sticker on the side with the number 3 on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in it.

Cheers,

Bob

Breakfast - Chicken Sausage and Beans

Main Meal - Steak and Vegetables, Chunky Lentil and Vegetable Soup, Custard Sponge

Snacks and Drinks - Herb Pate, Isotonic Lemon Drink, Golden Oat Snack Bar, Plain Chocolate Drink

Snacks - Oatmeal Block, Biscuits Fruit Filled, Biscuit Brown commonly known as Arse blockers, Chocolate Bar, Boiled Sweets, Yeast Extract, Jam and Fruit Grains

Drinks - Instant Coffee, Instant Black Tea, Beverage Whitener and Sugar

Sundries - Tabasco Sauce, Chewing Gum, Matches Waterproof, Paper Tissues

Doesn't sound to taste like shite to me, but then again I'm just about to sit down to Venison steak and chips with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms!!

i will tell you for sure they taste like shite!

+1 on that. Unless you are half frozen, in the middle of nowhere, it's ****ing it down with rain and your only choice of food is the rat pack or a dead scabby horse sandwiched between two **** stained mattresses :drool: - it may then just pass as food.

I preferred the tinned grub when they still issued them.

Breakfast - Chicken Sausage and Beans

Main Meal - Steak and Vegetables, Chunky Lentil and Vegetable Soup, Custard Sponge

Snacks and Drinks - Herb Pate, Isotonic Lemon Drink, Golden Oat Snack Bar, Plain Chocolate Drink

Snacks - Oatmeal Block, Biscuits Fruit Filled, Biscuit Brown commonly known as Arse blockers, Chocolate Bar, Boiled Sweets, Yeast Extract, Jam and Fruit Grains

Drinks - Instant Coffee, Instant Black Tea, Beverage Whitener and Sugar

Sundries - Tabasco Sauce, Chewing Gum, Matches Waterproof, Paper Tissues

Doesn't sound to taste like shite to me, but then again I'm just about to sit down to Venison steak and chips with tomatoes, onions and mushrooms!!

I actually thought of you when this post came up, if anyone had the answer, I thought you would.

Hope you're well

TJ

Bob, looks like youve got what youve got mate unless theres some other lads with you enjoying some screech and biscuit bags..

Being surrounded by your muckers, the ability to exchange what you personally didnt find so palatable via lobbing at each others head seemed to liven the mood..

Suprising how dangerous them tin days were.... Many a black eye during the swaps..

+1 on the tinned grub and an all in...;)

Suprising when someones cold and hungry enough how they delve into a cam cream and biscuit brown much to the amusement of the rest...:lol: :lol:

Suprising when someones cold and hungry enough how they delve into a cam cream and biscuit brown much to the amusement of the rest...:lol: :lol:

PS1,

Seen it many times, very funny!

TJ,

Things here are good, hope all is working out for you where you are. If you need any help in getting out give me a call on the office number, cheaper for a Jock like you:lol: Never say never!!;)

I have a confession: I actually like the Biscuits Fruit (old style with the bits of fruit in) think they're bloody lovely. Used to get the big tins of jam too.

BTW I didn't get issue stuff cos I've never been in green but it's amazing what you will eat to save money when you're a student. Surplus stores were great at that time with stacks of stuff that troops had passed over.

I have a confession: I actually like the Biscuits Fruit (old style with the bits of fruit in) think they're bloody lovely. Used to get the big tins of jam too.

BTW I didn't get issue stuff cos I've never been in green but it's amazing what you will eat to save money when you're a student. Surplus stores were great at that time with stacks of stuff that troops had passed over.

:lol: :lol:... hilarious...

Back