Thread: Keeper/stalkers - salt of the earth!

Keeper/stalkers - salt of the earth!

Currently sat just off the A34 waiting for the RAC to pick me and my Defender up(buggered water pump).

What happens next, but a friendly local chap pulls in in front to see if I'm ok and doesn't he just turn out to have been a local keeper/stalker!

Anyway, not sure whether the chap is a member of the site, but his kind offer to help out and even store my Landie overnight was very kindly received. Nice to know that people still look out for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaser243 View Post
    Currently sat just off the A34 waiting for the RAC to pick me and my Defender up(buggered water pump).

What happens next, but a friendly local chap pulls in in front to see if I'm ok and doesn't he just turn out to have been a local keeper/stalker!

Anyway, not sure whether the chap is a member of the site, but his kind offer to help out and even store my Landie overnight was very kindly received. Nice to know that people still look out for each other.
    If you want to get out in the bush take a L/Rover.....If you want to come back again better go Japanese!!

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    If you want to get out in the bush take a L/Rover.....If you want to come back again better go Japanese!!
    Toyota

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by Blaser243 View Post

Was at work (aberdeen) two weeks or so ago and my trusty Vw broke down, fuel pump belt.
    Fortunately a Sd member and mate was nearby and came to get me. thanks dude.
    Although he was driving a discovery and my first thought was just stay where i was and await recovery, we did make it home.

cheers mate.

My TD5 Disco has done 215,000 and only had one trip on a recovery truck when two fuel injectors seized up at about 180,000. My wife's Defender is the same age (03), done 90,000 miles, last week the rear diff exploded and required another axle. My previous Disco 200 had done 274 000 miles when I sold it, no major issues, head gaskit at 180,000 so did injectors at the same time. Toyota do have a reputation for reliability but where would you get a used axle for a Landcruiser !!. One of my mates swore by Landcruiser Amazons for years, good tools admitted but these days he runs a RR V8 diesel, says its a far better tool with a sensational engine.

A

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alycidon View Post
    My TD5 Disco has done 215,000 and only had one trip on a recovery truck when two fuel injectors seized up at about 180,000. My wife's Defender is the same age (03), done 90,000 miles, last week the rear diff exploded and required another axle. My previous Disco 200 had done 274 000 miles when I sold it, no major issues, head gaskit at 180,000 so did injectors at the same time. Toyota do have a reputation for reliability but where would you get a used axle for a Landcruiser !!. One of my mates swore by Landcruiser Amazons for years, good tools admitted but these days he runs a RR V8 diesel, says its a far better tool with a sensational engine.

A

A
    Sold my old 95 plate mitsi l200 three weeks ago 269000 on the clock, all I ever changed in 6 years was a power steering pump. Got another mitsi l200 now couldn't afford a nwer toyota and wouldn't even consider a landy.

Ade

[QUOTE=centralbeltstalker;189191]Was at work (aberdeen) two weeks or so ago and my trusty Vw broke down, fuel pump belt.
    Fortunately a Sd member and mate was nearby and came to get me. thanks dude.
    Although he was driving a discovery and my first thought was just stay where i was and await recovery, we did make it home.

cheers mate.[/QUOTE

Discovery| take it you were in no hurry to get home then