First High Seat

My uncles farm requires a high seat for use of a .243, therefore over the last couple of days my younger brother and I decided to go about building one. We made it from different pieces of wood from around the farm. It was reasonably straight forward to build and is now pretty heavy but sturdy. There are a few finishing things to be done but as far as for the first time im pleased with how its gone.
Chears Adam

Attachments

• CIMG0329.jpg
    CIMG0329.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 134
  • CIMG0324.jpg
    CIMG0324.jpg
    395.8 KB · Views: 197
Nice one!, my only criticism would be you have to lean out to get into the seat. If you put the ladder at the rear this would solve your problem, it would also give you a foot rest. Well done, hope you shoot a few from it!

Your shooting rail wants to be against the tree and you want to be facing out of where that ply wood is then your ladder becomes a foot rest , but its alright for a start aint it

I agree with all the comments and I will take them on board for the re designing. I Will get my father to help re design it and get it all sorted, then hopefully with some work it will be ready to use.
Thanks again Adam

Thank you, yeah its only for light use around the family farm so me and my 14 year old old brother decided to use scrap wood thats been left around, but we will no what to do for next time.
Chear Adam

Look's good Adam, only fault is you want your ladder upfront and seat against a tree.

highseat2.jpg

Never the less all the best, you'll get better with practice

Kind Rgds, Buck.

Thank you, yeah its only for light use around the family farm so me and my 14 year old old brother decided to use scrap wood thats been left around, but we will no what to do for next time.
Chear Adam

thats it mate you live and you learn , or should , good luck to you sir

Back