Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: couple of roe this morning

couple of roe this morning

Got up at half six this morning for a bit of stalking, and despite the wind doing it's best to blow me over, I managed to get a doe and one of last years young.

Despite having a couple of young inside her and a tush, the doe had bumps on her head the same size as a young buck I saw nearby.

Also as you can hopefully just make out on the attached photo she appears to have had a let off with another shooter in the past, there is a line right along her back where there is no hair as if a bullet has skimmed it!

On the plus side, I actually remembered for once to bring a funnel and empty bottle out with me to collect some blood for training!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0009.jpg   IMG_0010.JPG   IMG_0008.JPG  

Thats one hell of a crease that!!

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    Thats one hell of a crease that!!
    It goes all the way from the shoulder to the haunch

Well done mate, having also been out this morning and got soaked i feel even worse seeing those two. That's before i even mention the quality of that photo mate.
    Well done all round though, not sure where you are but I'd swear that if its Scotland that doe was in a recent video lol and that's why it has no hair on its back .

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Well done mate, having also been out this morning and got soaked i feel even worse seeing those two. That's before i even mention the quality of that photo mate.
    Well done all round though, not sure where you are but I'd swear that if its Scotland that doe was in a recent video lol and that's why it has no hair on its back .
    Had to take the pic with my iphone as i forgot my camera, and it was shot in East Lothian dont know if thats the one you mean or not?

I quite often see does with bumps - never had one with antlers tho

The crease isn't a score from a fence or some such?

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    Had to take the pic with my iphone as i forgot my camera
    good pictures david i need to invest in an i phone, time to get with it as they say.
    as i come from westlothian i was drown this morning so you did well mate to get them.
    remember deer dont come out in windy wet days ?? or do they.
    They look in great condition and look heavy.
    you eat yours or pass on to a dealer.

f.

Ill eat the smaller one as I have no venison in the freezer at the moment, but ill sell the larger one as i'm a licensed venison dealer and the money can go towards my permission fee which is due soon.

best of both worlds well done and good luck. f.

Definately say it was a fence or tree branch,seriously a lottery shot for the back to be so straight for no wound from a bullet,interesting tho.