Head preparation?

captdavid

Approximately how long does it take to prepare deer heads to be transported back to the US? Imagine that, another question, thanks capt david

Not long to prepare the head capes need to be salted and dry it's then best to use a shipping firm to handle paper work and vet inspections as US customs can a right pain. They nearly incinerated a shipment of 42 trophies last year

once heads are boiled I would still advise a shipping firm I send three to four shipments back to outfitters and booking agents in the US, they normally use Baltimore as the port of entry and then reship from there. I use rainbow freight you should find them on the internet. I am afraid the time when we use to pack them in the suitcase has gone the risk of losing the trophies and large fines on your side is now to high.

All I'm interested in are skulls for what we call European mounts. capt david
About an hour to boil and clean and a bit longer to bleach, charges for preparing trophy's vary a bit for example for a straight forward cut, boil ,clean and bleach I charge £20 if you want it mounted on a shield with engraved plaque stating
where and when shot then I charge like a wounded buffalo:rofl:
Seriously these are the things to ask when you make a booking so that you know exactly what your trip is going to cost and that there are no nasty surprises.

Back