Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atec CMM4 & Roedale Delta

Atec CMM4 & Roedale Delta

Hi,

I'm tempted by one the new ultra light weight mods but from previous experience I'm a little worried regards the durability of the alloy baffles.

If you have either of the mods in the title, how are you finding they're holding up against gas cutting and how many rounds have you put through them?

Thanks,

James

I have a steel A-tec, a stainless Delta and two Aluminium Deltas. First I was worried about baffle wear and opted for a "light" which
    has the first two baffles in steel for my 243. I changed that mod since a while to an all aluminium mod.
    On my 308 I have an all aluminium mod since almost a year on my 308 but have only around 80 rounds through it.
    The baffles look perfect, no white crumbly stuff on the edges of the baffles as one could sometimes get on the
    older reflex A-tecs. The alu mod from the 243 hasn't enough rounds through to say much maybe 50 or so no wear.
    Maybe the older A-tecs had an unlucky choice of aluminium, aircraft quality does not always means corrosion resistant.
    I had one of those older A-tecs but got around the corrosion by running an oily brush through the mod after every use, never
    did that with the delta mods.
    For a stalking rifle these light weight moderators are a gift.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    I have a steel A-tec, a stainless Delta and two Aluminium Deltas. First I was worried about baffle wear and opted for a "light" which
    has the first two baffles in steel for my 243. I changed that mod since a while to an all aluminium mod.
    On my 308 I have an all aluminium mod since almost a year on my 308 but have only around 80 rounds through it.
    The baffles look perfect, no white crumbly stuff on the edges of the baffles as one could sometimes get on the
    older reflex A-tecs. The alu mod from the 243 hasn't enough rounds through to say much maybe 50 or so no wear.
    Maybe the older A-tecs had an unlucky choice of aluminium, aircraft quality does not always means corrosion resistant.
    I had one of those older A-tecs but got around the corrosion by running an oily brush through the mod after every use, never
    did that with the delta mods.
    For a stalking rifle these light weight moderators are a gift.
    edi
    Just the kind of review I need. I'm about to take the plunge and have a CMM4 fitted to my 308.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I had a CMM-4 Alu fitted to my .243Ackley when I had it re-barrelled. After just over 500 rounds through it there are no signs of baffle wear.

The sound deadening qualities are good for this size of mod, and the light weight and small size don't change the balance too much.

All in all an excellent mod, and I will have one fitted to my Swede when the current 3 year old T8 finally gives up.

250 on deer is not a significant sum.Fitted the cmm4 to my 243 and love it. If you self load and do 100's testing it may ware I don't know but buying rounds and shooting deer the shot numbers should mean years of service. With weight change from t8 fantastic. Completely different rifle. Jim

What weight are these mods coming in at please guys?

CMM4 200 grams

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    CMM4 200 grams
    Compared to a Northstar at 630 grams.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 26-02-2011 at 11:49. Reason: Checked weight on ASE website.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    CMM4 on my 22-250 had transformed it, I have just bough one for my .270 after asking basically the same question, nearly a 1/3 the weight of the Wildcat.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I'm also looking for a lightweight moderator so this thread was invaluable. Where can you purchase a CMM4?

Bk