Thread: Deer 'Diseases & Welfare'?

Deer 'Diseases & Welfare'?

Why did the 'Diseases and Welfare' section become a sub section of all about deer?
    I've noticed that it gets much less viewing these days, probably because it is now tucked away and takes more mouse clicks to get to!
    I must admit that I rarely look myself now as I always look down the general forum list for new posts which doesn't now show in this section.
    It should be a major part of our world, and hiding it away in a sub section might give the impression that us stalkers are not overly concerned about Diseases and Welfare?
    I'm sure that it is not the case for most of us!
    Your thoughts?
    MS

Didn't realise it wouldn't show up in the new posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Why did the 'Diseases and Welfare' section become a sub section of all about deer?
    I've noticed that it gets much less viewing these days, probably because it is now tucked away and takes more mouse clicks to get to!
    I must admit that I rarely look myself now as I always look down the general forum list for new posts which doesn't now show in this section.
    It should be a major part of our world, and hiding it away in a sub section might give the impression that us stalkers are not overly concerned about Diseases and Welfare?
    I'm sure that it is not the case for most of us!
    Your thoughts?
    MS
    + 1 with MS
    Might also be beneficial to make the notifiable diseases a sticky to help the numerous new members joining the site [just a thought]
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

If you click the whats new button at the top of the page you will get displayed all new posts since your last visit, using this in conjunction with the marked forums read button when you have read them/log off will ensure that you are always presented with an accurate up to date list.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I moved it originally because I was trying to consolidate the number of forums we had on the front page. The list was endless and I merged a few sections together to try to make it less overwhelming. The plan was to grow the All About Deer section (deer ID'ing, deer aging, Disease etc).

I take your point though, at the moment it is kind of stuck in there on its own. I'll take another look, maybe move it into the main stalking section at least until/if we develop the All About Deer section.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Didn't realise it wouldn't show up in the new posts?
    What's New will show new threads in ALL sections.