Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Parker Hale thread....

Yet another Parker Hale thread....

Having confirmed my DSC1 which will be on 3rd April i am starting to look for a likely make/model of rifle. I am going for the .243 as it will be a fox/deer rifle and any stalking around me will be Roe. I do like the looks of the Parker Hale, finance dictates that my equipment will have to be secondhand and i am looking forward to sourcing the rifle, scope and silencer.
    My main question here is did PH do left hand rifles....i dont mind what side the action is but i find i need either a left hand stock or ambi stock otherwise my cheek position makes shooting uncomfortable. I am sure they must have made some LH ones? But are there any models that have an ambidextrous stock as standard [thinking of the CZ stocks].
    Will be tryign to get round some of the local shops in the next month to have a hold of some rifles to get a feel...

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

Sorry to disappoint but the answer is no Parker-Hale LH action or LH stock.

Do any of them come in an ambidextrous stock?

atb

As pointed out P-H did not do left handed stocks. However they did do some with no cheekpiece. I believe you might find the Model 1000, 1100 Lwt or the M81 Classic more comfortable for left handed use. The 1200 Super has a roll over cheekpiec so unless you rmove the roll over it would be uncomfrotable to use.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Brithunter...that was exactly what i wanted to hear!! i will do some research.....had set my sights on a PH and then heard the other day they didnt do any without the cheekpiece....

thanks

Ask flytie about his M81 classic. The photos I have are only of one side of the stock and I cannto recall exactly what the stock is like in the butt.

See if you can find an importer for Zastava rifles, they do a left hander.
    http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=241
    http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=234
    Last edited by Harry mac; 27-02-2011 at 12:07.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Well done, Harry Mac., and thanks for the link.

I'd totally forgotten Zastava as a source of lefthand Mausers, although the calibre options are a bit limited now. I definitely remember seeing a new lefthand one in .308 @ Henry Kranks in 2003 or 2004 at about 500 asking. Kranks will know what's what as they are major importers and leading members of the Gun Trades Association.

The tapered schnabel stock on the Zastava looked very like the Heym SR20N's I was trading in at the time, so I never asked for a feel of it. Anyway, there are certainly LH Zastava's in deer calibres out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TokaS View Post
    Cheers Brithunter...that was exactly what i wanted to hear!! i will do some research.....had set my sights on a PH and then heard the other day they didnt do any without the cheekpiece....

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Ask flytie about his M81 classic. The photos I have are only of one side of the stock and I cannto recall exactly what the stock is like in the butt.
    I have posted some (not very good) photo's in the gallery of my M.81 Classic if you want to see it. http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...rker-hale.html

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Tokas
    I am left handed and used to shoot with a couple of parker-hales in .243 &.270 for many years with out any problems
    Best to try before you buy!
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"