Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scumbags

Scumbags

Not been out on my patch for a couple of weeks so took some mates roost shooting pigeons tonight as soon as i entered the woods i noticed the badgers had been doug out again further along the remains of a buzzard one of two that used to breed every year !!
    I was only there 15 mins when i noticed some blokes walking through wood so i went over to challenge them and their reply was the next door nieghbour farmer gave them permission and they had being shooting the wood for last three weekends i promptly put them straight and told them to p... off i suspect they had doug the badgers to as the had a terrier with them

What would you lads have done ?

I would have kept my head down, watched and listened to see what they were up to and then decided upon a course of action! Softly, softly, catchy monkey!

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Not been out on my patch for a couple of weeks so took some mates roost shooting pigeons tonight as soon as i entered the woods i noticed the badgers had been doug out again further along the remains of a buzzard one of two that used to breed every year !!
    I was only there 15 mins when i noticed some blokes walking through wood so i went over to challenge them and their reply was the next door nieghbour farmer gave them permission and they had being shooting the wood for last three weekends i promptly put them straight and told them to p... off i suspect they had doug the badgers to as the had a terrier with them

What would you lads have done ?
    Don't go near them, dial 999 and report a firearms incident [suspicious men with firearms[maybe include turban for effect]]

i would of been p.....off with shooting my pigeons.

bob

I would have fronted them as was done. Talk to the landowner about the dead Buzzard, some are radio tagged/chipped. One flew into power lines near me and nothing touched it for weeks, nothing.

A

I'd have watched discreetly and tried to get a number plate. Reported is as a F/A incident. At least they'd have a couple of suspects.

did you notice if the terrier he had looked like it had been in some action. in other words was his face and that marked ?
    if so its more then likely them who has been digging etc the scumbags

called the cops right away and get them to sort it, if you suspected them of a wildlife crime involving badgers the plod would have acted like it was a terrorist attack anyway.

I have a terrier I take shooting, and don,t dig badgers, ( a gun is crap for diggin unless its sand) further more he states the neighbouring farmer gave them permission, did you ask the person who gave you permission if he had agreed this. were they scumbags, or just shooting where they had been told they could. The buzzard was found on your shoot, you don,t know how it died or when, you don,t know when the badgers where dug or by who. Call the police and the first person they will look at is you and the landowner, where do you all get off slaging other shooters when you don,t know the situation. As to what I would have done was ask if they had any ID, phoned the landowner and asked if they were ligit and patted the terrier on the head. for doing a good job

Times must have changed... About 15yrs ago I happened upon a Transit pick-up in the lane (not pikeys, a building firm) the driver out of the cab about to un-hook the tailgate, passenger having a slash against the wheel. It was obvious they were fly tipping. So I calmly walked over, shotgun over my shoulder and said "alright lads? I hope you're not going to dump that here" The driver told me to f### off and mind my own business, so I walked to the front of the truck and made it obvious that I was memorising the reg plate by mouthing the letters and numbers, then climbed over the styal back onto my own land.
    They drove off in a hurry and thinking that would be the end of the matter I carried on with my stroll.... but no, that wasn't to be.
    I got a visit from the police.... 2 days later, they had reported me for threatening them with a gun and told the police they had just stopped for a smoke and that I had gone over getting all stroppy
    My saving grace was the lady in the post office at the top of the lane had phoned the police on a seperate occasion and given the registration number of the pick-up because she had seen them fly-tipping.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox