Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations on rifle slips.

Looking for recommendations on rifle slips.

Looking for recommendations on rifle slips.
    Could some one recommend a rifle slip for a moderated rifle with bipod?
    charlie

I have one called "big jock" and it really is a large slip... for lamping i use a "Kolpin" which is a snug fit and keeps rolling the neoprene mod cover up a wee bit.

Charlie

I have a cheap one I picked up at the Game Fair at Scone last year. I went with an old one that had burst and used it as a template for a new one. I also got a dear one made to measure from Robert Jamieson at James Crockart & Son in Blairgowrie. I also have one that I don't like gathering dust in the cupboard. I seem to have more slips than rifles, but only the cheap nylon one gets used regularly.

Regards JCS

I have one of these and it was inexpensive and has been both robust and functional for me:

http://www.uttings.co.uk/Product/540...le-slip-91057/

My rifle, moderator, bipod and big S&B 8X56 fit though it is tight so with a different rifle worth checking to see.

Took rifle bipod and mod into bushwear and picked up a slip 29. perfect fit. Like John take something to match the new slip to. Removed bipod now like a pea in a drum.
    Jim

Not strictly a slip, but I really must have one of those Aim dragbags, really properly put together (at least those that were selling at the gamefairs).
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Steve

Buy one, you won't be disappointed:

http://aimfieldsports.com/epages/www...im50green-0001

I have had a couple of the Webtex bags before which typically lasted one trip out onto the Hill before the straps or zips packed in. I have a very nice Brady rifle slip that, when soaked, left everything it touched a nice shade of dark red! Somewhere I've got a very smart Holland & Holland rifle slip that I picked up for a song, but it won't take a rifle fitted with a Harris bipod, moderator and scope, so it just sits in my gun cupboard because I can't bear to part with it

The AIM bag is perfect - robust, waterproof, comfortable, etc. Border Barrels also do them. My only observation (other than the cost) is that when you have the bag on your back using the rucksack harness the top of it projects 8 to 10 inches above your head. Just need to remember that when attempting a sneaky ascent to the skyline

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I always thought you were a real connowhatsit Dom!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I always thought you were a real connowhatsit Dom!
    Do you mean a canny-sewer
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I just visited a mate of mine and he has one he got on the web from USA,called Tab gear.You can google it.I think its made of cordura and seems to have a padded area round the sight.I have tried a lot of covers and i seem to wre ck them in no time,mostly by the stitching giving out on the sling area,or the zip breaking. The beauty of this one is that their is no zip and you use the sling attached to your rifle. It`s all a bit different but maybe worth a look