Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carrying rifle

Carrying rifle

Ok i have a x bolt stainless stalker and a ase north star mod (stainless which weighs a ton)
    Now the prob i have is that the rifle keeps wanting to slide off my back or off my shoulder. Its getting a bit of a pain, also got a harkila roe sack, and the two dont go together. It just seems to want to push rifle off my shoulder again. Any tips you guys can give me? Its a butler creek sling. I have a ram jacket and that has the rubber grip on the shoulder but that doest help much. TIA

Try turning the sling round and carrying the rifle muzzle down, that's what I had to start doing after fitting a northstar and I found it more comfortable and also much quicker to get the rifle into the shoulder. I now have slings fitted that way round on all my rifles.

I sling mine muzzle down with a moderator. Easy. It takes getting used to as does anything but it works for me. SNAP!
    Last edited by devonoak; 27-02-2011 at 14:56. Reason: double post

I've got coat hanger shoulders too

The only thing I can suggest is get a harness type gun sling... or you could sew a strip of velcro on your coat and the other on your sling.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Cheers for the replies, I did try the other way round butit just didnt feel right. maybe i need to stick with it, Also felt like everytime i ducked down i was going to drag my rifle on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    Cheers for the replies, I did try the other way round butit just didnt feel right. maybe i need to stick with it, Also felt like everytime i ducked down i was going to drag my rifle on the floor.
    You can have the strap a bit tighter that way round I fancy. Also my mod is a t8 and because of the dished front to it it would be very difficult to block it up I reckon. My sling is a butler creek too. Good luck

hi spoony i carry mine pointing up but rifle on the front not the back on my left shoulder i then use my left hand to hold the stock at the grip it seems really steady and i can control where it points ps i am a lefty so just give it a go on the right shoulder,atb wayne

Does the length of the sling effect this? if i shorthen it?? guess theres only one way to find out lol

i have mine fairly short i have a pes mod on mine with a cobra sling hope this helps,wayne

Same rifle with a Pred 8 can up front (in .270) and exactly the same problem.

I'd run the Benc and Devonoak. Stick a bit of insulation tape over the front of the can to ensure that bugger all gets inadvertently clogged up the spout without you realising it.

Rocky
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple