Finding powder

bernie1959

Please can any body please tell me of a reliable source of rifle powder in norfolk? most FAD's have 1or2 tubs but never any of the make that i require, this normaly mean's a long wait, any help would be welcome.

regerds bernie

Callie - have you had a look for what you need in Livens in Burton. They've got a decent stock of the popular ones in there. Give em a ring before you go in to see if Nick is working. He is very knowledgable and helpful.

Cheers,

Bob

Please can any body please tell me of a reliable source of rifle powder in norfolk? most FAD's have 1or2 tubs but never any of the make that i require, this normaly mean's a long wait, any help would be welcome.

regerds bernie

give philip webster gunsmith a call , he's quite good at getting powder in or you got norfolk sporting guns !

cheers lee

tried chris at nsg's he's local but does'nt keep a very big stock ordered some reloader 19 on the 28th december still waiting!! ,have not tried phillip yet he's just down the road so might well give him a ring probably worth a try

ps thanks for your help bernie.

i may be totally wrong but is fenland rural sports near warboys camb's if so it's quite a treck for me!

but thank's for your help.

tried chris at nsg's he's local but does'nt keep a very big stock ordered some reloader 19 on the 28th december still waiting!! ,have not tried phillip yet he's just down the road so might well give him a ring probably worth a try

ps thanks for your help bernie.

where abouts are you ?

pm me if you wish , your obviously not too far from me !

maybe time for a south norfolk gathering ?

cheers lee

Cheers Dovebob, haven't been to livens for some time, looks as if they've changed somewhat....callie

Cheers Dovebob, haven't been to livens for some time, looks as if they've changed somewhat....callie

It has changed a bit Pat. There's a guy called Nick Salt who takes care of the rifles and reloading side of things. He's knowledgable and very helpful. He's trying to build that side of things up and is doing a good job. Worth a look if you're in Burton.

Cheers,

Bob

Lee, you can, but when you take into consideration postage and packaging plus another £15 minimum "hazardous materials" handling fee it works out a bit dear for a lb of powder.

The Net.....

We all complain about the Big Guys making money. (Don't ask where your employer makes money to pay you)

We all complain about "our local RFD" not having anything in stock (we all try to buy on the Net)

We all buy the cheap deal on (the NET) but it doesn't turn up as, it's out of stock.

The NET

Stan

The Net.....

We all complain about the Big Guys making money. (Don't ask where your employer makes money to pay you)

We all complain about "our local RFD" not having anything in stock (we all try to buy on the Net)

We all buy the cheap deal on (the NET) but it doesn't turn up as, it's out of stock.

The NET

Stan

Correction.... at least for me I buy on the net when the dealers or importers will not supply in a timely fashion. Being told that the dies you want will go on the next order is about 6 months ...................... maybe! is just not on. So an online purchase from Lee precision direct and I had my dies in my hand within two weeks and not 6 months+. I traded some stuff with a fellow collector in Sweden to get my 9.3x57 cases after the importers refused to order any that is unless I ordered a barrel of 2000. So i tried to order some factory Norma 232 grain ammo but they said nope not unless you order 1000 and then quotes over £1.50 per round.

My "local" RFD is over 30 miles away so driving over there only to find they don't have it is rather irksome to say the least. Hence I try to keep my stocks up.

Lee, you can, but when you take into consideration postage and packaging plus another £15 minimum "hazardous materials" handling fee it works out a bit dear for a lb of powder.

Understood. But I like to use the Net for powders as they are always in stock for the exact type I need. Also, I like to order a few kilos at one time so the £25 I spend on hazardous delivery is kind of bearable. Besides, local RFD prices are usually 10-15% higher anyway, so I actually save money and hell of a lot of time.

Net will always rule over local shops of any description, be it anything from shooting consumables to dog biscuits!

Stan - I always like to order things that are in stock :cool:

Back