Thread: Bds best practice

Bds best practice

I recently purchased a copy of the bds best practice guide (didn,t pay to much attention to front cover)when it came through it was for english and welsh legislation.i phoned bds of my cock up and explained i had ordered the wrong guide. As i stay in scotland i required the scottish version.was told they dont do one for scotland or ireland why is this when they say they are the british deer society.you would think there would be one best practice guide that covers all four legislations being british(cant fault their service got full refund)is the new cd/dvd with ray mears the same

The besr practice guide is done by SNH, Fantastic value as well, I would think BDS have brought one out for England to fill a void. Best £15 I have ever invested even if I got charged £7.50 at the best practice event at Stirling,
    Jim
    http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk...ion%20Form.pdf

Send them the £15 you will not regret it. Pity you were not close I have a spare manual. Paid 7.50 to get the updates as my mate got me the other.
    Last edited by jimbo123p; 28-02-2011 at 21:26. Reason: extra info

Quote Originally Posted by DOONBOY View Post
    I recently purchased a copy of the bds best practice guide
    Went to the wrong place for the Jockland version

http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/default.aspx

Other than the dates for seasons are there any differences between the Scottish guides @ £15 and the English ones at £25?

Apache
    From memory the English version seems to hav more content about the species mainly found in England & Wales
    such as Fallow, CWD and Muntjac, where as the scottish version has just a few basic facts
    I would think the same was Vice versa with the content of the Scottish version for the Deer mainly found in Scotland

But I did not think it was £10's worth of extra info thou for myself
    so I purchased the Scottish version
    But I do think it is absoulute value for money which ever version you go for

Stone, I appreciate your prompt reply. As a Yorkshireman I bought the Scottish version, but just hoped I had not made a mistake. Thanks.

Cheers jimbo,i ordered one through dsc

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Apache
    From memory the English version seems to hav more content about the species mainly found in England & Wales
    such as Fallow, CWD and Muntjac, where as the scottish version has just a few basic facts
    I would think the same was Vice versa with the content of the Scottish version for the Deer mainly found in Scotland

But I did not think it was £10's worth of extra info thou for myself
    so I purchased the Scottish version
    But I do think it is absoulute value for money which ever version you go for

The major difference being the English version you pay for the updates whereas the Scottish ones you get it all in for your £15. Scottish one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    The major difference being the English version you pay for the updates whereas the Scottish ones you get it all in for your £15. Scottish one for me.
    RF
    check these out
    English
    http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/h...stpractice.htm

Scottish
    http://www.bestpracticeguides.org.uk/
    I'm guessing they will update these sites accordingly
    so just copy and laminate any new updates and add to your existing folder
    for those that will try and copy the whole lot
    It may well cost more than buying a copy in the first place and just adding to it over time