Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Lee classic loader

  1. #1

    Lee classic loader

    lee used to make very simple line called lee clasic loader in the past.
    i am looking for lee classic loader for caliber 12 and 20 gauge for back pack reloading.
    is there any place or anyone which selling these reloading kits
    regards
    daniel

  2. #2

  3. #3
    tim hannon keeps them too.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel paydar View Post
    lee used to make very simple line called lee clasic loader in the past.
    i am looking for lee classic loader for caliber 12 and 20 gauge for back pack reloading.
    is there any place or anyone which selling these reloading kits
    regards
    daniel
    Daniel: Lee stopped making the shotgun versions of the Lee Classic Reloader many years ago. I think I have a 12 ga in my storage building, if I do you're welcome to it. Otherwise, E-Bay seems to have quite a few. Granted, they are here in the US, but if you find what you want and they won't ship abroad, they can ship it to me and I'll send it your way. ~Muir

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Daniel: Lee stopped making the shotgun versions of the Lee Classic Reloader many years ago. I think I have a 12 ga in my storage building, if I do you're welcome to it. Otherwise, E-Bay seems to have quite a few. Granted, they are here in the US, but if you find what you want and they won't ship abroad, they can ship it to me and I'll send it your way. ~Muir
    Hi muir
    thank you.
    yes i know that lee stopped making them for shotguns a long while ago.
    my hope is finding a used one to buy. i own an old classic loader in 3030 which has served me many many years and i can't recall how many hundred rounds i have loaded with this tool! very simple and good for outdoor reloading. i tried to find one for shotgun in sweden in vain
    regards
    daniel
    Last edited by daniel paydar; 01-03-2011 at 23:12.

  6. #6
    I will look for my 12 ga unit and contact you when I find it. You are welcome to it! ~Muir

  7. #7
    One on E-Bay now, item 130491196654

    Neil.

  8. #8
    i watched two a couple of weeks ago and they went for 35 each just as a heads up as i fancy a go at it as well,these where uk listings
    heres a link for 20 guage LEE LOADER 20 GA. 2 3/4" COMPLETE RELOADING TOOL +++++ on eBay (end time 03-Mar-11 01:25:37 GMT)
    Last edited by mereside; 02-03-2011 at 07:55.

  9. #9
    SD Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Midlands M1/M69 Junction 21
    Posts
    5,385
    For rifles Huntingdon's Pak-It press was very good I am told. That used standard 7/8" dies.

    For shot gun reloading I personally am not sure what actual advantage in weight saving you would gain as the case actually weighs very, very, little compared to the shot it carries and the space that that the cartridges take up is probably less than the space that the shot, plus the primers, plus the powder, plus the wads, and the tool would take up.

    In fact I'd even say that for back pack use a 3" chamber 20 gauge would about take up the least room of all and yet still give adequate performance. In fact for most situations the now standard 70mm 20 gauge with one ounce of shot would surely do?

    I don't see any saving gain - in weight or space - that taking a loading tool and components would give over carrying the cartridges. And indeed the cartridges could be stored in far more waterproof safe conditions than the components!

    And if the tool breaks? Or a cartridge gets stuck inside whilst re-sizing? Oh dear!

    For metallic cartridges where you only need bullet, primer, powder and you can get away with just neck-resizing then yes it makes sense. Maybe carrying twenty loaded rounds only but components for a further eighty. With say a Lyman 310 Tool and the small 310 Tool dies.

    But the problem with shot gun cartridges is that the wads are bulky and the shot itself also bulky. I really can't see the advantages. Sorry.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    For rifles Huntingdon's Pak-It press was very good I am told. That used standard 7/8" dies.

    For shot gun reloading I personally am not sure what actual advantage in weight saving you would gain as the case actually weighs very, very, little compared to the shot it carries and the space that that the cartridges take up is probably less than the space that the shot, plus the primers, plus the powder, plus the wads, and the tool would take up.

    In fact I'd even say that for back pack use a 3" chamber 20 gauge would about take up the least room of all and yet still give adequate performance. In fact for most situations the now standard 70mm 20 gauge with one ounce of shot would surely do?

    I don't see any saving gain - in weight or space - that taking a loading tool and components would give over carrying the cartridges. And indeed the cartridges could be stored in far more waterproof safe conditions than the components!

    And if the tool breaks? Or a cartridge gets stuck inside whilst re-sizing? Oh dear!

    For metallic cartridges where you only need bullet, primer, powder and you can get away with just neck-resizing then yes it makes sense. Maybe carrying twenty loaded rounds only but components for a further eighty. With say a Lyman 310 Tool and the small 310 Tool dies.

    But the problem with shot gun cartridges is that the wads are bulky and the shot itself also bulky. I really can't see the advantages. Sorry.
    actualy by back pack i don't mean for walking a day. i usually camp or take my boat or go to the cabin for a couple of week every year and bringing my lee load all press is not suitable .
    i usually carry a1/4 pound unique powder and a lot of lead cooper coated bullet for loading 222 barrel in my combo 2o/222 rem and some squibe loads for my 3006 for fun shooting or eventuelle smal game hunting.
    i have lee classic loader both in 222 rem and 3006 too. i like to have a classic loader for my shotgun too.
    regards
    daniel

Similar Threads

  1. For Sale 12 Bore Lee Loader
    By cjm1066 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:45
  2. For Sale .22 lr bolt action bsa long lee or lee metford
    By the omega man in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-02-2011, 19:07
  3. Alliant Re-loader 22 for .270
    By pigglet in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-09-2010, 18:24
  4. lee perfect powder measure vs lee safety scale
    By Offroad Gary in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 13:16
  5. "Lee Classic Loader" on you tube
    By Trufflehunting in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-03-2010, 00:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •