Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Access to Stalking

Established Poster

Access to Stalking

I have just received confirmation that I will be moving to the UK in the fall and am curious as to how feasible it will be for me to get out to do any stalking given my geographical, monetary and transportation circumstances: I will be based in London, have no vehicle and not a huge amount of disposable income. Given these (admittedly fairly limiting) conditions, what do you think the best way for me to get out and do some stalking will be?

Cheers,

YT

Get Camera and a good pair of boot,s. I think your chances are slim to none in that area.

Hello Yukon
    I worked and lived in London for five years and although I didn't have a car, I did have a little money to play with. I was able to get the train to totnes in Devon and my man picked me up at the station, which I'm sure most guys would do. There are a few places you can reach by train, give me a pm if you have an idea of how much you can spend and I'll try to help you fin something.
    S. L.

Yukon there is loads of stalking all around London within 30/40 mins by commuter train. you just have to find and fund it, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Yukon there is loads of stalking all around London within 30/40 mins by commuter train. you just have to find and fund it, good luck
    Just wondering exactly what the regs are about carrying firearms on a train? I personally wouldn't feel very comfortable carrying a firearm in full view of the general public even if it is fully cased, but that's just me. Does anyone encounter any problems when travelling on public transport with firearms?
    Timney

when i lived in london i walked in richmond park, lots of deer in there.
    was always goo for a day out and you could get real close to get photos.

Established Poster
    Thanks for the input. foxyshane, once I get settled in I will take you up on your offer - appreciate the help.

Seconding your thoughts Timney, is it legal and/or socially acceptable to transport firearms via train?

In relation to the train travel, I was heading to Edinburgh last November and an elderly gentleman walked past me with plus 4s, shooting socks and garters, stalking hat, shooting jacket and a golf bag over his shoulder. I jokingly enquired if he had a 12 or 20 bore or a 3 wood to which the response was side by side 20 bore and 100 bag day. I was amused by the ingenuity and most travellers would not have turned a thought to it other than he was out for a days golfing.

Established Poster
    Haha, brilliant. I am a fairly avid guitar player, so I was thinking of modifying a spare acoustic case to use as a gun case, in the same vein as Desperado, haha. Would this be considered concealing a weapon, or would this be acceptable/legal on the train and otherwise?