Thread: Permission letter for syndicate members

Permission letter for syndicate members

Wasn't sure where to put this so i put it in here.
    I have been asked to get involved in setting up a syndicate with a few mates of mine. 2 of them have their renewals coming up later in the year and have asked if they can have letters of permision to send off with their aplications.
    Do they need a letter from the landowner/estate manager or will a letter from the organiser of the syndicate suffice?

Ezzy

Hi Ezzy,

I have done the same for some mates here in Devon, one friend actually applied for a firearms cert using just my permission to get it granted, Devon and Cornwall Constabulary insisted that wether renewal or application it was ONLY the landowner that could give written permission. I personnally was lucky and have a good relationship with the estate owner so not a problem, the only thing that struck me as a bit odd is that he has a direct letter from the landowner with no valid date to! whereas my letter has a lease renewal date !! Also should the syndicate fold/end he still has a letter of permission to stalk. Make sure the landowner words it so it suits you also.

Regards Mark