Thread: Brief intro

Brief intro

Hello all,
    well moderators and other newbies anyway, i have a suspicion that the regulars wont be reading these threads very often, aside from those prone to procrastination, the self employed, insomniacs, dog housed, half cut or just plain bored. I for one will be checking this out regularly though!

I have been a lurker for some time, dipping in when killing time in the office, lunch hour of course, or looking for specific info. I am a member of other forums, a few from which names i can recognise on here.

I grew up in a Hunting (fox) family in South Wales, and was often found lurking around the hedgerows or streams with air rifle, rod or dogs. Following the usual wine women and song period of a young mans life, I found myself over this side of the border!

I am a regular Pigeon shooter however am out after Rabbit with rimfires more often, fox also when lamping. Also partake in occasional inland wildfowling, and still get on the water with fly rod or moving water chub and Barbel fishing often.

I have enjoyed a number of paid days stalking for Fallow and Muntjac over the last few years and enjoy nothing more than woodland stalking.

I have a few permissions which hold small numbers of muntjac, so will continue to buy days. My calibre of choice is 243win, cos i like to stand out from the crowd, and it will suffice for all of my needs. I hold an open licence and have no DSC or other certs.

So hello all.

Tabs

Welcome Tabs hope you like the site. Often up your way on CWD.

Hi Tabs
    I was in Hereford at the weekend on a family do Good beer and nice people what more can you ask for.DAM I forgot Good Food
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

[QUOTE=Tabs;191338]Hello all,
    well moderators and other newbies anyway, i have a suspicion that the regulars wont be reading these threads very often, aside from those prone to procrastination, the self employed, insomniacs, dog housed, half cut or just plain bored. I for one will be checking this out regularly though!

Tabs.......All your threads will be read by the majority of regular members on the forum. No fear there !

Welcome aboard....plenty of good advice on what is a very well moderated forum

Rocky
    Last edited by rockingod; 03-03-2011 at 18:30.
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Thanks gents.

Thanks for the welcome.

Malc, there are a few around, they tend to wander through my decoy pattern often!

sikadog, nice part of the world.....

Rocky, i will try to maintain some coherence in that case.

Tabs