Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dsc2 assessor

Dsc2 assessor

Can one ask for the designated assessor to be changed? I spoke with mine and did not like his abrupt manner and condescending opinion towards levels 2 witnessed stalks. I have the blue book and without doubt there ARE some good level 2's out there who I intend to use. I feel at a disadvantage now that my assesor has said dont waste your time with Level 2's and use AW'S?
    What do you think? thanks.

DSC2 evidence is 'candidate led' so it is up to you to make sure that portfolio is completed to the required standard whether you (as a blue book holder) choose to use an incredible witness or an approved witness. I suppose that you could contact DMQ and request that a certain Assessor does not have anything to do with your portfolio by claiming conflict of interest/personality clash but, to be honest, I would just get on with it, enjoy the process and take a pride in producing a good portfolio. If you make a big fuss about it you will end up treating the whole thing as a negative experience, no one else will care, and it will be you that suffers. Just my opinion. JC

I was under the impression that candidates that registered for DMQ2 AFTER July 2010 could only use AW's for their stalks?
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    I was under the impression that candidates that registered for DMQ2 AFTER July 2010 could only use AW's for their stalks?
    There are still people who registered before that date able to use CW's, I guess Wigeon is one of those. JC

Quote Originally Posted by W16OEN View Post
    Can one ask for the designated assessor to be changed? I spoke with mine and did not like his abrupt manner and condescending opinion towards levels 2 witnessed stalks. I have the blue book and without doubt there ARE some good level 2's out there who I intend to use. I feel at a disadvantage now that my assesor has said dont waste your time with Level 2's and use AW'S?
    What do you think? thanks.
    which assessment centre did you go with ?

i did mine with the BDS and my assessor was a right plank ! and i told him so .

my AW was an assessor for BASC and couldnt see any problems with my portfolio .

i wonder if its the same bloke ?

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Account Suspended
    Where abouts in the Country are you Wigeon? and have you got your own spot ? If your on the Blue portfolio only to willing to assist if your local.

All it will cost is my petrol money

My DSC2 AW is spot on, I'm on the green portfolio.
    Just because you dont seem to have hit it off with your assessor is no reason to try and have him changed, I expect no matter what personality clashes may or may not be present (usually three sides to every story, yours, his and the truth somewhere between) that your assessor will be nothing but professional in the performance of his duties.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

If your evidence is fine and the all the written parts are to standard then whatever an assessor says you will have achieved the necessary criteria. Having said that you could register with an alternative assessment centre but I don't this that has ever been done!

You might just had got a decent guy on a bad day when you spoke to the assessor?. In the blue portfolio remember that one ICR must be with an AW but the other 2 can be CW's. Best of luck though!

W16oen

to be honest I would do 1 stalk with a CW and 2 stalks with an AW
    the 2 stalks with the AW's will carry more weight granted and as long as your CW witnessed stalk was truthfull then I don't see a problem
    your Assessor will be happy to give you advice and guidance on what they would like to see and read about, it is probably the reason why you phoned them in the first place to find out what they are looking for
    follow there advice and it will help makes things run a little smoother in the long run

Thanks for all your advice and offers of help. The level 2 chap for two of my stalks is a sound bloke who stalked in Scotland continuously for two years and accounted for a good number of Reds he also took clients out and I feel we can put together a professional account for the assessor.
    My blue book expires in Dec 2012 - I have sat on it for the last year but need to crack on now.
    Cheers