Thread: How/where tot get your own land

How/where tot get your own land

hi everyone im ross for dundee have dmq level1 away to start level 2 fac holder im looking to get my own land for stalking on in the tayside angus perthshire areas... where is the best places to look for land to stalk in theses areas?.. what are the going rates nowadays..for these places to... also know this is like looking for hens teeth

also looking for land to train gundogs on .... on the outskirts of dundee willing to do pest control in return i have snaring cert and others on request.. sgc fac etc...

look forward to replys an making new friends

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    hi everyone im ross for dundee have dmq level1 away to start level 2 fac holder im looking to get my own land for stalking on in the tayside angus perthshire areas... where is the best places to look for land to stalk in theses areas?.. what are the going rates nowadays..for these places to... also know this is like looking for hens teeth

also looking for land to train gundogs on .... on the outskirts of dundee willing to do pest control in return i have snaring cert and others on request.. sgc fac etc...

look forward to replys an making new friends
    with no offence , your at the back of the que !

there is prob 2000 other people on this site in the same situation as you .

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

You are going to have to knock on doors. More precisely you are going to have to knock on a lot of doors. Be prepared for a mountain of sometimes polite sometimes less so rejections before you find the needle in a haystack. Often stalking comes after providing other services to landowners for a while. Mole control or on demand pigeon control ( when the farmer is suffering, not when it suits you to chill out shooting a few woodies) may help ease the way onto land with a rifle.

do some foxing, it's a good way to build up trust and ground so when you start asking about the deer...... I've good chunk of ground now through bashing the charlies

i knowit will take alot of door knocking etc... was wondering if there was any sites that offer leases also what is the going rate per acre

cheers

When I started stalking a few years ago mate it took me the best part of two years to get into a decent trustworthy syndicate and I had my fingers burnt along the way................I dont mind telling you or anyone else reading the thread the price of my syndicate space.... {750.00 per year} My ground has both roe and a very healthy head of red on it...............You will find sydicates for a few hundred pounds a year up to and into the thousands...............As for leases, just forget it at this stage.