Thread: Tikka 695 Magazine

Tikka 695 Magazine

Does anyone out there know if the Tikka 695 magazines are calibre specific or just "one size fits all" long action. I've "accidently" bought a .270 one without a mag. They can be bought new I believe but a second hand one would do. Obviously if they are calibre specific I might struggle more getting a 2nd hand one.

Cheers
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by mickthebrick View Post
    Does anyone out there know if the Tikka 695 magazines are calibre specific or just "one size fits all" long action. I've "accidently" bought a .270 one without a mag. They can be bought new I believe but a second hand one would do. Obviously if they are calibre specific I might struggle more getting a 2nd hand one.

Cheers
    Mick
    Tikka 595 short action and 695 long the 695 long mag fits .270 calibre quite expensive for what it is I priced one 2years ago 80.00 ring round the local RFDs you might be lucky for second hand .

All the M695 action magazines are the same size. The .25/06, .270, and .30/06 use the same magazine, but the 6.5x55SE has it's own magazine (different Tikka part no.). There are 3-shot and 5-shot versions of each.

You'll be lucky to find a new mag. now from GMK but there should be secondhand 3-shot ones around.

Quote Originally Posted by mickthebrick View Post

Cheers
    Mick
    Try RFD John Bradshaw. I saw them at the Newark show and they had lots of magazines.

I too shoot an M695 in .270; try MacLeods Of Tain for a mag, they get lots of rifles in from estates etc and might have a spare mag or two.

Thanks chaps I'll ring around tomorrow. I wish I'd thought of MacLeods earlier. My dad's on his way down from Bonar Bridge today...I think!

cheers
    Mick