Thread: rifle

rifle

which is the best make rifle to go for? i have bout 1000 pound to spend. thanks

Get a nice cheap secondhand accurate rifle (not something shot out) and spend more money on the scope.

which is the best make rifle to go for?
    Just about anything that does not have the Remington name on it .

See post above for excellent advice

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Just about anything that does not have the Remington name on it .

See post above for excellent advice
    ! I agree with both of the above posts. Most of all. get what YOU like, not what your friend or a dealer tells you you need. I took my old Husqvarna Model 648 (circa 1944) out last evening and fired off my last few rounds so I could reload the brass and realized just how much I like that rifle... wooden stock, iron sights and all. It just fits me! Off hand I put three, 206 grain bullets inside a 3/4" circle at 25M. It's a $200 rifle that shoots like a million bucks.

That's the kind of rifle you need.~Muir

Yep all good advice. I'd go for an S&B 8x56 scope, leaving for about 400 for the rifle. That'll get you a really good econd hand one...
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
    Yep all good advice. I'd go for an S&B 8x56 scope, leaving for about 400 for the rifle. That'll get you a really good econd hand one...
    Guess who's got a second hand S&B 8 x 56 for sale (Hungarian) - result of a swap.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Guess who's got a second hand S&B 8 x 56 for sale (Hungarian) - result of a swap.
    guess who wants one but doesn't have the money...
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

ive got a few on the shelf at the moment
    can easy ship to your RFD
    www.thehunterscabin.com

cheers
    steve