bullets

There's so many to choose from, but I like 130gr Hornady Soft Points for everything but the largest stags. Even then it is all about shot placement.

aaahhhhhh you could have opened a can o worms with that question...:D

almost as bad as the what caliber for reds query....hehehehehee

as said ..there are a lot to choose from......
BUT...
you shouldnt under any circumstances include "varmint" style bullets for deer as they may possibly break up on impact rather than give you penetration & expansion...resulting in a not dead deer with injury resulting in a slow death.....posibbly.....and not what you want...

again like your barrel question....

pick the barrel that will suit your main typ of shooting.....and pick your bullet and typ with regard to your intended quarry

sauer /paul

You can not go wrong with the best!. NOSLER PARTITION!. dearer but dependable predictable performance EVERY time.

IMHO.

ATB Barry

Oh dear ......................... I brought a box of 6mm 100 grain partitions and well no matter what load I tried it was like a shot gun pattern. Vowed then not to waste my money in future.

Teach me to look and not be is so much of a hurry with bullet shopping next time :oops:.

:norty: :D Nosler partition 150, 42.9 vit N140, cci lr primer at 150 yards, three shot group.

DSC_1433.jpg

Re bagged berreta :norty: :D

ATB Barry

Last edited:
jacobking you have asked a lot of very simple questions, the sort of questions that make me suspicious of whether this is some sort of wind up. About the only question you haven't asked so far is What is the best car to drive to your stalking ground in, or What is the best colour underpants to wear when stalking. Now the guys on this site try to offer advice and assistance whenever they can often going to great lengths to do so but don't you think that it would be better to do a little research yourself. I may be entirely wrong and if so I apologise whole heartedly, but if you are genuine and really want answers to all your questions don't be so lazy and spend a little time to work your way through previous postings, the answers to all your questions are there somewhere.

Once again my sincere apologies if you are genuine, it's just that there seem to have been quite a few trolls and trouble makers recently.

Back