heads up on le chameau

tika.308

just a quick shout, sportsman are still knocking le chameau full zip wellingtons out for £154, cheapest i have seen for a while. whilst speaking with a sales rep of boots/wellingtons yesterday he told me there wellingtons will be going up by 20% soon ( you guessed it price of oil :rolleyes: ) thats the muckboots rep but he says they are all going to be going up and soon.

Last edited:
Sales of Le Chameau wellingtons have slowed right down since they stopped using YKK zips with a very much inferior zip. The leather Chasseurs have now a RRP of over £300.

Sales of Le Chameau wellingtons have slowed right down since they stopped using YKK zips with a very much inferior zip. The leather Chasseurs have now a RRP of over £300.
Just got a pair of the leather lined from swillingtonshootingsupplies, £100 cheaper than that, these guys take a bit of beating on price for anything

just a quick shout, sportsman are still knocking le chameau full zip wellingtons out for £154, cheapest i have seen for a while. whilst speaking with a sales rep of boots/wellingtons yesterday he told me there wellingtons will be going up by 20% soon ( you guessed it price of oil :rolleyes: ) thats the muckboots rep but he says they are all going to be going up and soon.

I have2 pairs sitting in the hall way with broken zips!!!!!!!! [been replaced many times and now are expensive outside slippers]

Stick to Muck boot imho

Or don't buy ones with Zips!:rolleyes:
I've had my Vieznords for over 10 years! Muck boots don't last.;)
MS:)

I go through a pair a year so will stick to Muck boot now as they are cheaper, the best I've had from Vieznords is 2 years and they leaked for 2 months !!!

Maybe I'm just getting too close to the BIG birthday but aren't all wellies getting to be far too damm expensive:old:

I've had my chasseur's for over 6 years and wear them most days. I love them, they are as comfy as slippers but i have had the broken zip problem. Le Chameau wanted me to send them back to be repaired at a cost approaching £100.... I opted for cable ties.;)

i've had good customer service from le chameau ! had a pair of wellies split at the heals ! rnew pair arrived within 2 weeks of sending off old ones. then i have just sent a pair of boots that i bought over two years ago [ but not worn till jan this year] so out of warranty.
Right boot leaked like a sieve , recived replacements yesterday !

Also have a pair or muck boots due to the reports of how good they are on the forums :oops:

Yes they are cheap and warm . BUT the tread pattern is CRAP and they are slippery on wet grass, and show excessive wear on the inside heal :(

True words i have heard many times but still get caught out now and again !

BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE !

I bought a pair of the Kevlar dark green Chasseurs 6 years and i use them almost every day and they are still perfect.. i will replace with better when better comes along. Had a pair of Vatnas for walking the dog and they wore my heel away when wet and they were replaced with new Chasseurs by LC. Good service, almost Swarovski standard.

the chameau i have at the moment have been worn daily for over 8 years and are just showing signs of the rubber starting to crack, and these havent been looked after :oops: i must say i dont wear them often in summer as they are just to hot to wear.

had my chasseurs for 5 years most comfortable thing i've ever put on my feet! dont look after them, wear them all year round stalking picking up and walking the dogs every day only thing i can moan about is the aforementioned zips!! my local gunshop repaired it the first time for the princely sum of four quid and i havent bothered getting them repaired secound time round as i never do the zips up anyway!

Back