Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for our Forces.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Support for our Forces.

I originally put this on the March and Shoot topics, I think most have missed it so I am re submitting it on General Disgussion.

I have pulled this from another site, I don't think they will mind.

"With the growing numbers of wounded personnel repatriated to the UK and with continued growth in medically discharged personnel since the Falklands war to current conflicts and operations, our service men & women and veterans of previous operational service are owed the best medical care possible. The existing facilities are falling short and the NHS are not meeting the needs of veterans who still need treatment for their service related conditions. A dedicated Military & Veterans Hospital will greatly help resolve this National scandal since the complete closure of our military hospitals that has proved to be total folly

Maybe you will join this petition? Only 5000 people thereabouts have done this so far which is hardly a blip when compared to other petitions.

Just some background, 2 Para alone have on this tour sent back over 50 casualties to the UK and from having been to Selly Oak myself I know that many cannot be accommodated so when all of the casualties from other battle groups are added to the figure, how is ONE ward in an NHS hospital going to cope? It cannot cope, the individual troops are sent home to recover rlying on NHS visiting services which themselves are over committed.

A lot more than 5000 names are needed for this petition and quite cynically, Downing Street has put a time limit of one month for this to be achieved.

Do what you can."

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Wounded/

TJ

Good evening TJ,

I signed the petition a couple of days ago. And sent it to all at work.

VMT

Quote Originally Posted by steyr.308
    Good evening TJ,

I signed the petition a couple of days ago. And sent it to all at work.

VMT
    Cheers Buddie.

All done and signed TJ. I do sometimes call into question our pm`s motives when he`s sending money willy nilly all over the world when Britain is falling apart around our ears.
    Our Armed forces deserve the best, without question..........
    basil.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    I do sometimes call into question our pm`s motives when he`s sending money willy nilly all over the world when Britain is falling apart around our ears.
    He doesn't even need to throw it all over the world, just justify what he spends it on in this country would be nice.....

I wonder what they spend 74p Per/Ltr of fuel on?

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock
    Quote Originally Posted by basil
    I do sometimes call into question our pm`s motives when he`s sending money willy nilly all over the world when Britain is falling apart around our ears.
    He doesn't even need to throw it all over the world, just justify what he spends it on in this country would be nice.....

I wonder what they spend 74p Per/Ltr of fuel on?
    Ummmm, second homes, decorating, their own pensions and pay rises. I don`t mind him sending a few mill to feed the starving children around the world, BUT our own young, elderly and our heroes need help also.
    basil.

Great stuff! The power of the internet. Since TJ posted on Sunday the numbers have jumped by over 1800 or about 40%. It is great to visit the petition and see the names of folk you have invited to sign appear on the list.

The need is there. In amongst the hoo-haa in the media about Marines diving on exploding grenades who noticed that 2 Para had another KIA and 2 WIA today?

Just cut and paste TJs post into your email & send it to everyone you can!

(Sorry - also posted this in the M&S thread before I noticed it had moved!)

Support for our forces

HI Tartin, Have sent the petition and forwarded to friends. Hopefully we will meet up Saturday.

Signed and sent on.

z

Tartin
    Done Dusted ,hope it doesnt fall on deaf ears, lets face it Pm has wingnuts , maybe he will pick-up.
    Trapper