Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: case lube

case lube

There should be a section titled the dogs danglies, or some such, this stuff is amazing!, Lyman case spray & others now consigned to the general oils for shed hinges & bike chains! I just resized a whole bucketload of .223 in a fraction of the usual time taken with the other crud.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I am getting low on my case lube and will be looking for a new one soon. The one I have been successfully using is no longer available due to problems with their barrel lube treatment, Fastex it's called, their case lube is excellent but as I say they have long been gone from the market.

So where does one obtain this superior case lube?

C'mon share the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    So where does one obtain this superior case lube?

C'mon share the info.
    Here you go http://www.young-guns.org.uk/Pages/g...ccessories.htm

Bernie

Kev, I would have to point you in the direction of Griff on here, (Neil), a friend who just got onto council at Stirling, he used to have the business of Wipeout products & the lube was in with that franchise I think, He has passed on the business, I'm not aware of who to, but I'm sure he could let you know who, the poor picture does not allow you to see the details so, Sharp Shoot R Precision Products are the manufacturers.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Photo below of my system which has been used for MANY years.
    The pad is made of material from an old pair of cavalry-twill trousers on an ice-cream box lid with the second lid to keep dust off when not in use.
    The lubricant is NEATSFOOT COMPOUND, made for the treatment of leather.
    Many,many, thousands of rounds have been lubricated on that pad.
    I pour a little of the compound between the layers now and again and roll the cases on it.
    HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Photo below of my system which has been used for MANY years.
    The pad is made of material from an old pair of cavalry-twill trousers on an ice-cream box lid with the second lid to keep dust off when not in use.
    The lubricant is NEATSFOOT COMPOUND, made for the treatment of leather.
    Many,many, thousands of rounds have been lubricated on that pad.
    I pour a little of the compound between the layers now and again and roll the cases on it.
    HWH.
    Top Tip

Bernie

I used a tub of grease marketed for protection of car battery terminals, it looked like yellow Vaseline.
    For the 'not so old' amongst us, there was a time when cars came with batteries, with exposed terminals, that had to be topped up each week with distilled water and the terminals greased to protect them and help conductivity !!, none of your sealed units like today.
    However, since that ran out years ago I have been using Vaseline, just a smear on my fingers rubbed on the case, case resized then, when all the cases have been sized, I put them all in a sleeve cut off of a cotton shirt then just shake them from side to side, job done.
    I must have done thousands and thousands over the years so all this talk about vaseline contaminating primers, degrading the brass, etc etc must happen after many millions of millions of cases.

Thanks Bernie,

Have bookmarked the site.

Now the stuff I am usign now is a liquid and I just smear a drop on the old Lyman lube pad once in a while when required. This new stuff is it a paste? and if so do you think it would work witht eh pad or how does one apply it?

I have always used the liquid lube, did try the spray type once and hated it..

Straight off the tip of your finger & lightly coat your old pad Kev, never seen stuff go so far!

Cheers sounds easy enough to use will be ordering some soon as my little white bottle is getting low. Mind you it's lasted years ........................ in fact well over a decade. God only knows how many thousands of cases it's lubed I would hate to try and add them all up.