case lube

finnbear270

There should be a section titled the dogs danglies, or some such, this stuff is amazing!, Lyman case spray & others now consigned to the general oils for shed hinges & bike chains! I just resized a whole bucketload of .223 in a fraction of the usual time taken with the other crud.

I am getting low on my case lube and will be looking for a new one soon. The one I have been successfully using is no longer available due to problems with their barrel lube treatment, Fastex it's called, their case lube is excellent but as I say they have long been gone from the market.

So where does one obtain this superior case lube?

C'mon share the info.

Kev, I would have to point you in the direction of Griff on here, (Neil), a friend who just got onto council at Stirling, he used to have the business of Wipeout products & the lube was in with that franchise I think, He has passed on the business, I'm not aware of who to, but I'm sure he could let you know who, the poor picture does not allow you to see the details so, Sharp Shoot R Precision Products are the manufacturers.

Photo below of my system which has been used for MANY years.
The pad is made of material from an old pair of cavalry-twill trousers on an ice-cream box lid with the second lid to keep dust off when not in use.
The lubricant is NEATSFOOT COMPOUND, made for the treatment of leather.
Many,many, thousands of rounds have been lubricated on that pad.
I pour a little of the compound between the layers now and again and roll the cases on it.
HWH.
REDSINSNOW015.jpg

Photo below of my system which has been used for MANY years.
The pad is made of material from an old pair of cavalry-twill trousers on an ice-cream box lid with the second lid to keep dust off when not in use.
The lubricant is NEATSFOOT COMPOUND, made for the treatment of leather.
Many,many, thousands of rounds have been lubricated on that pad.
I pour a little of the compound between the layers now and again and roll the cases on it.
HWH.
REDSINSNOW015.jpg

Top Tip :cool:

Bernie

I used a tub of grease marketed for protection of car battery terminals, it looked like yellow Vaseline.
For the 'not so old' amongst us, there was a time when cars came with batteries, with exposed terminals, that had to be topped up each week with distilled water and the terminals greased to protect them and help conductivity !!, none of your sealed units like today.
However, since that ran out years ago I have been using Vaseline, just a smear on my fingers rubbed on the case, case resized then, when all the cases have been sized, I put them all in a sleeve cut off of a cotton shirt then just shake them from side to side, job done.
I must have done thousands and thousands over the years so all this talk about vaseline contaminating primers, degrading the brass, etc etc must happen after many millions of millions of cases.

Thanks Bernie,

Have bookmarked the site.

Now the stuff I am usign now is a liquid and I just smear a drop on the old Lyman lube pad once in a while when required. This new stuff is it a paste? and if so do you think it would work witht eh pad or how does one apply it?

I have always used the liquid lube, did try the spray type once and hated it..

Cheers sounds easy enough to use will be ordering some soon as my little white bottle is getting low. Mind you it's lasted years ........................ in fact well over a decade. God only knows how many thousands of cases it's lubed :eek: I would hate to try and add them all up.

Thanks Bernie,

Have bookmarked the site.

Now the stuff I am usign now is a liquid and I just smear a drop on the old Lyman lube pad once in a while when required. This new stuff is it a paste? and if so do you think it would work witht eh pad or how does one apply it?

I have always used the liquid lube, did try the spray type once and hated it..
\

Gad! I love the stuff! I say Phooey to any lube you must work to wipe off like the RCBS "Case Honey" stuff. For years I used that gummy, sticky gunk. I used STOS for a while, STP motor lube when I was broke, then Hornady One Shot.* Love it! Easy on, easy off. You must wait a minute before using and not be afraid to hit the open case mouths with it. I also lube the sizer die before first use. I then can resize brass with out a hitch.

For heavy reforming I use Imperial Sizing Wax. Just a touch to the finger tip will lube three or four cases.~Muir

*The aerosol version. The "eco-friendly pump" stuff is worthless.

I am getting low on my case lube and will be looking for a new one soon. The one I have been successfully using is no longer available due to problems with their barrel lube treatment, Fastex it's called, their case lube is excellent but as I say they have long been gone from the market.

So where does one obtain this superior case lube?

C'mon share the info.

Fastex is still available from the States - I got some but it is a bit of a faf on.
Lee suits me, but I've heard that diff oil does the job.

I agree with Muir. Hornady One Shot Spray is very very good. I like it for the same reasons. Easy on, - I lube a full loading tray (50 cases) with one squirt, I let it dry then resize & clean off by tumbling in dry media. (Although Hornady say cleaning isn't necessary, I prefer the neck completely free from lube residues to give repeatable bullet/case tension).
It's a good lube for normal full length resizing. (223 up to 30-06) - Never had a stuck case! It isn't oil based or sticky like some others, and because it's a spray there is no chance of getting grit on cases off a lube pad. - So less chance of scoring the sizing die.
It may not be the cheapest but it saves time that makes it good value imho.

Back