Roedale Precision Picatinny rail for Sako 75

Hi Andy,

Can't comment on the rail, but I use quick release mounts on my Sauer and no problem with return to zero, spot on!

ATB

Tom

Thanks

What make of quick release mounts. I have a 30mm Swaro to put on.

Cheers

Andy

I tried to get a rail from Roedale for my 202 but found them difficult to contact. Got the EAW version in the end but not cheap. Leupold or Warne QRW mounts seem to return to zero.

Have tried them and I have been told they do not do a single rail but in the next month or so will have a Two piece picatinny base for the Sako actions available.

I have however ordered a Recknagel picatinny rail from Alan Rhone. I should have this in a week or so and will post some pictures when I've put it on.

Cheers

Andy

I have the short one on my L579 Sako which also fits on some 75 actions.
Work really well, with good recknagel mounts it seems lighter than optilocks on their own.
Have picatinny rails on all my rifles, makes changing scopes from rifle to rifle very easy.

Spoke to Pete Lincoln today, they were just packing up to go to the IWA show.
The next few days you won't be able to contact them.
If you like I can ask him if they are available, maybe even get one at the show for you.
I'll be in Germany over at the weekend, will meet Roedale and Recknagel.
If I can be of help, my e-mail: psecomp@googlemail.com

I found picatinny rails & mounts do not return to zero 100%, but are fairly close. Maybe 2 clicks off.

edi

Thanks for that.

Until I fit the rail i'm not sure what height rings i'll need.

Have a good trip

Cheers

Andy

Would be very interested to know how you get on as I am looking for a rail for my Sako 75. Have to say I dont like the look of the Roedale one with the seperate mounting blocks. Increased hieght + weight , something else to come loose etc. I want one that goes directly on to the action in a single rail. I believe Near MFG do a good one as do one or two others on the other side of the pond though there may be problems with them exporting gun related products.
Is the recknagel one one piece and low, and dare I ask how much it is?

Cheers George

Roedale do not seem to be bothered to answer contact emails even phoning gets German answering machine, gave up with them, will spend hard earned elsewhere.

Ok

Roedale one has issues and does not always work. Near MFG have stopped manufacturing their version as I believe they could not guarantee it 100%. If you go on the Recknagel website you can download the brochure. Page 52. So for anyone wanting a rail you are limited to Recknagel.

I have also heard direct from Third Eye Tactical that in about a month they will have some 2 piece picatinny mounts for sako actions.

The cost of the Recknagel is £65 which I thought was pretty good value. I'll post some pictures when I get it which should be next week.

Cheers

Andy

My vote goes to NEAR, I have a rail and Rechnagel rings on my Sako 75, and an Alphamount on my Tikka 595... perfect. I had a Near Rail and rings previously on the 595 but the Alphamount is lighter and dare I say ... more elegant on the Tikka action. Rechnagel is good stuff also.

Best

Peter

I have the Roedale on a sako 75 in .280AI, blued steel with the 20 MOA incline. I did have to wait a few months for it to appear in stock.

Once it arrived, it was easy to fit and i am pleased with the quality of the machining. It has not come loose (threadlocked just incase) and the NV clamps on ok. I have mounted a nighforce 56mm sitting in Leupold low QRW's.

we run the recknagel and roedale sako picatinny rails off the same machine. same quality. basicaly same product, joint venture design joint manufacture.
the difference is that the roedale ones are available in all steel, alloy rail/steel base and soon in all stainless and have all 20MOA incline and are engraved with roedale.

we manufacture the rails in batches of 50 and occasionaly get sold out when some one buys 25 in one go, meaning there is a bit of a wait occasionaly until machine time is free.

and ref our contactability and customer service, im the 1st to admit its not and never has been what it should be.:oops: the many personal issues ive had over the last 3 years (or 12 to be honest, damn women !!):( plus the general apathy in the firearms industry made the job a bit of a nightmare, and ive not met many blokes who have been as unlucky as me in the last years, problem wife,elderly parents, and kids into the mix and we have the end result, trying times indeed.
Its been difficult to manage the numbers of new products that we've introduced, the R&D, testing,marketing,sales etc with such a small team and we've not achieved 100% in all areas as well as having been let down badly by outsorce suppliers. >The buck stops with me and ive learned to say sorry.
We / I have however learned from past mistakes and have been trying to implement improvement measures for a while,
the biggest problem bieng time management and finding the right staff. If i'm on the phone, i'm not machining, if im machining i'm not answering emails etc. only 24hrs in 1 day and only 7 days in 1 week. Finding staff who are:
Motivated, trustworthy, capable, fluent in English & German, willing and available, interested in the products and with some background knowledge, the right qualifications and affordable are not exactly abundant qualities on the German unemployed market.
It would be simple to employ an out of work shoe sales person or checkout girl, but that would bring no real improvement.

I hope to heck that my luck has changed now !! (touch wood)

Ive just before the IWA been lucky enough to employ an office manager, Heike. she is married to an ex REME VM/A who now works for the UN in Africa. she after 22years as an army wife she knows her nuts and bolt and which end is which of a rifle. she is also trained in office managment and sales as well as call centre procedures and speaks fluent English and German. anyhow, she is most likely the person that will be on the end of the phone when anyone calls and will imporve our contactability and customer service no end.. I even had her assembling moderators the other day and she isn't afraid to get her hands mucky, so i figure we've got a round peg in a round hole.
further to that we've got an ex Brit soldier starting work here after the summer. also an Ex REME VM. Scott is a life long hunter,shooter and stalker and will help with assembly, store management and general customer service and getting kit out on time and replacement back on shelf on time.
so bear with us folks, we've a lot to offer and are on the right track.
best regards Pete

i waited 4 months for my sako 85 rail and nothing took me a month to get my money back

Roedale has issues with his family which has meant his company has gone to ****

Phoned Roedale this morning, Heike picked up and told me Pete was on some exebition.
I then spoke to Geoff who took my order which will be in the mail tomorrow.

edi

OK Guy's I am going to do a follow up post about the Recknagel rail with pictures and info.

Andy

Back