Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Translation please?

Question Translation please?

I know we all speak English, but what are 'slots and tracks' and 'chipper and coffee?' I do know what coffee is. It replaced tea in America around the mid 1770s, hehe! capt david

I can help with the "slots" - they're the hoof prints made by deer

OK. slots and tracks, slots is the hoofprint track is the footpath usually taken by the deer. Chipper and coffee I expect is a missprint. It should be chippie and coffee where it is fish and frnch fries and a cuppa. Chipper is " in a happy state of mind or a wood shredder

You got me beat with chipper and coffee, perhaps it would help if you gave the context.

Others that you might need to know are Pins (Deer hairs) and Paint (Blood).

i'd be more concerned with the different meaning for the words: Pants (to you trousers, to us underwear) or suspenders (to you, the things that hold up your 'pants' to us an item of womens underwear used to hold up Stockings) Having read some of the previous posts by some members on here, if you were stalking with them and passed a comment that your suspenders were digging in, well a missunderstanding like that could spell disaster.

Ezzy

I do wear cwhat we call suspenders. What do you call them? capt david

Quote Originally Posted by captdavid View Post
    I do wear cwhat we call suspenders. What do you call them? capt david
    Braces
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Account Suspended
    Aaaaagh suzzies those were the days they definitely got me a chipper on and i had to get it slotted quick then had to get a coffee to recover.

The term Coffee refers to a regular meeting place of deer as in Coffee house today were individuals meet up for a talk and exchange views

Slots are individual marks made by the animals cleaves

Tracks are were an animal regular walks leaving a defined worn trail on the ground
    Never heard of chipper etc in the above context
    Hope this helps
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 07-03-2011 at 07:21.

Chips are Chips and French fries a poor copy of them . Oh yes chips are cut from whole potatoes and not mashed up then squeezed through a plate to make them all the same size ala Macdonalds .

Chippie in this context is a place that sells and serves chips most often a fish and chip shop or resturant. However in anoth context a chippie is a carpenter ............................. is English not a wonderful language .

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    i'd be more concerned with the different meaning for the words: Pants (to you trousers, to us underwear) or suspenders (to you, the things that hold up your 'pants' to us an item of womens underwear used to hold up Stockings) Having read some of the previous posts by some members on here, if you were stalking with them and passed a comment that your suspenders were digging in, well a missunderstanding like that could spell disaster.

Ezzy
    not to mention the whole Fanny thing, you will be sitting on your arse, Bum, rear end even your but, if you start talking about Fanny packs instead of Bum Bags and you will get some strange re actions i am sure