Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferreting.

Ferreting.

Anyone on here do any rabbiting in the winter months?
    basil.

Hi Basil,
    Do a bit down here in Devon mate. Where abouts are you ?

Somerset now. I lived in Dawlish for about 25 years, parents still there. Used to ferret that area with my dad back in the 60`s/70`s.
    basil.

HI,
    I'm in Newton Abbot, do a lot on the edge of the moor and Exeter way.
    Beat at Ashcombe occasionally.
    If you fancy getting together later in year pm me and we can arrange something.

I was born in Port Road, no 7. It was a market garden back then, A.E. SLEE & SONS. It was called Duckaller Gardens. Ashcombe is just up the road. Small world!!

I`d love to get together for a ferreting session sometime, we`ll arrange something.
    basil.

yes i do a fair bit in the winter

Hi basil

Gyr and I do a bit of ferreting in the winter. It used to be mainly to bolt the rabbits for his hawk to catch but as he has a falcon now not so much.

I do love my ferrets though. Out of all the animals we have they are my favourite and just starting to get our boys interested in it.

Took them to my sons school pet show the other week and were the most popular animals their. Proud to say we came first and second in the liveliest pet section.

Mrs Gyr

Quote Originally Posted by vincy
    yes i do a fair bit in the winter
    Hello mate, are you devon/somerset ish?
    basil.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Gyr
    Hi basil

Gyr and I do a bit of ferreting in the winter. It used to be mainly to bolt the rabbits for his hawk to catch but as he has a falcon now not so much.

I do love my ferrets though. Out of all the animals we have they are my favourite and just starting to get our boys interested in it.

Took them to my sons school pet show the other week and were the most popular animals their. Proud to say we came first and second in the liveliest pet section.

Mrs Gyr
    Well done Mrs Gyr. good to hear the young ones are getting involved in the scene.
    basil.

I can be found in the winter out with the ferts and shooting the odd bunny as well.......................Martin.