Thread: Trigger and stock bedding

Trigger and stock bedding

Just done the Tikka trigger and all went well, just a tip if you have a Tikka T3 with a synthetic stock, that when you put the barrell back into the stock there needs to be a bit of pressure applied mid way as the recoil lug is buillt into the stock and not on the barrell and pushing into the stock...goes back with a click.

When looking at the stock I was thinking of glass bedding it but to be honest im not sure it would make any difference as very snug and hardly any roon for any bedding epoxy...have any of you bedded a tikka factory stock???

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by chickenman View Post
    Just done the Tikka trigger and all went well, just a tip if you have a Tikka T3 with a synthetic stock, that when you put the barrell back into the stock there needs to be a bit of pressure applied mid way as the recoil lug is buillt into the stock and not on the barrell and pushing into the stock...goes back with a click.

When looking at the stock I was thinking of glass bedding it but to be honest im not sure it would make any difference as very snug and hardly any roon for any bedding epoxy...have any of you bedded a tikka factory stock???

Pete
    Hi to bed an action right without stress it needs to be milled out 1/4". Its not as easy as you think & best get a rifle smit to do the work as its very hard to get it stress free hope this helps.

Hi V-Max, Ive done bedding before and know you have to remove material from the stock, you can do it without milling, a dremmel is an easy way to do it infact. the reason I am asking is to see if anyone has done it with a Tikka plastic stock as in looks like there is not that much 'meat' in there to take away. But thanks for the reply anyway

ATB

Pete

Hi

Some advice given to me several years ago by Callum @ PRS was that attempting to bed a Tikka/Sako factory synthetic stock would be a complete waste of effort as the stock would still be inclined to flex, it is not stiff enough to offer any real improvement. Mind, that was on a 595 at the time and not on a modern T3, for which the situation and material may be different.

I have to say that I was guided by his advice, and he bedded the action into a McMillan stock. Result.... perfect!

Just my tuppence worth.

Best of luck with it, whatever you decide.

Peter

Hi tikka

I know that can be a problem too which is another reason for me asking, though the stock I have doesnt seem to flex.

Cheers

pete