She will be missed.

finnbear270

Just got off the phone from a sad call, the only free wandering red hind for miles on one of my areas of vermin control, met with a sudden end on the Winsford to Chester road, happily no human injuries were sustained, landowner called out the local vet who shot her.......... neither of these two knew who then owned her, or had legal responsibility for disposal, as she had been given the coup de grace on my shoot, she then belonged to my caller, I had been priveledged to hand feed her titbits while working on the estate I will miss her, as more usually you would be trying your best to roll her over with your stalking skills.:(

On our kitchen wall is a large frame that has several photo's in it, many of our two boys. One photograph shows myself and the eldest when about 6 at a deer farm stroking the head of a doe in a pen and feeding her. The photo next to it shows my same child crouching over a buck I shot the following week, grinning from ear to ear.

It is all about balance and I totally understand where you are coming from.

Sorry to hear that Steve :(

It's funny how people think because of what we do we don't have hearts isn't it. Deer are endearing creatures, the fallow doe in my avatar was trying to steal biscuits out of my pocket! :D

I think deer look good between the spuds and the greens what a waist to get hit on the road. This girl also was the last of three for a while living very close to the local gun shop and she stepped out on to the road and was hit for a second time the first just grazed her the last sent her to the land of the veni burger.But she did right off a cops private car before she left.
P1000720.jpg

One of the lads in the quarry said why didn't she get directions to the freezer?, I let him know that he would probably have been put off trying Venison for good.. She'd been down for a good while before vet rolled up.

General consensus on this Pete, is she was an escapee from a local deer farm (no longer in existence), but oddly she carried no marks or tags etc.

MMMMMMNNnn!, some nice looking Fallow in there!:lol:............. Although my first Pheasant belonged to the owner of said deer, I think he might miss one of those!:D

Back