What starter kit, is lees 50th anniversary kit good

Oli223

Crimsonbullseye off this site is very kindly showing me how to load my own rounds. I am just about to buy the lee 50th anniversary kit, as the rcbs one is over £200 more. Is this a good choice, was just going to upgrade the scales to rcbs 10-10. I've been told lee precision kit is good, however the 50th anniversary comes with everything. I'm not made of money, so don't want to spend more than I have too, though don't one to buy one kit and end up buying a better one in six months time.

Regards oli

Crimsonbullseye off this site is very kindly showing me how to load my own rounds. I am just about to buy the lee 50th anniversary kit, as the rcbs one is over £200 more. Is this a good choice, was just going to upgrade the scales to rcbs 10-10. I've been told lee precision kit is good, however the 50th anniversary comes with everything. I'm not made of money, so don't want to spend more than I have too, though don't one to buy one kit and end up buying a better one in six months time.

Regards oli

it will do you fine to start with , but as soon as you can get a better press !

the aniversary press is not brilliant , but will do the job .

cheers lee

starter kit

I have been loading with the lee anniversary kit for 15years and is still working perfectly

the only problem i ever had with the aniversary kit was the scales and i upgraded to a set of rcbs the same as what you are thinking of doing and it made it a fantastic kit

The lee kit is fine, ive had mine for years and I still load with it and havent yet found a reason to upgrade, and yes I think rcbs dies do fit as the thread is the same

Buy secondhand and you'll save money! I have both an RCBS Rockchucker at £105 and an Australian Simplex copy listed at £85 on the classifieds here. I personally don't like Lee presses at all.

Their "Factory Crimp Die" and the yellow plastic powder measure set is superb. The rest of their kit I would not accept as a gift. And that is 100% true. I really would not. Even if free.

It will serve you well..........until you use a real press like the co-ax or redding.

Every single person that I know has upgraded from LEE within a year of buying.

Reloading becomes an obsession with most who opens its door, the quest for knowledge and experimentation is never ending.

Like all things shooting.....buy the best you can afford, go secondhand but high quality!

Remember you are trying to put together high quality, concentric, repeatable rounds.

Buy cheap.....pay "deer"

There Monday morning, my 2p's worth.......:D.

i didnt bother with the start kits. i got my stuff secondhand. just keep a eye out and your pick up all the bits you need.
get a good set of scales the rcbs 505 is very good. and some good dies rcbs or redding are not to dear for a standard 3 die set

The lee anniversery kit is a great set up for the money just throw away the scales and get some rcbs 505 scales instead. It will also fit Rcbs or horndy or redding dies etc.
I have used mine for 8 years with out any probblems at all and it has being used for .22hornet,243,308 303,357,and .444
loaded over 10,000+ round's with it so far. Some people just like to knock Lee reloading gear because they have no idea how good it is for the money and just because theres cost twice as much more they think it must be crap.(by the way i have a Rcbs rockchuker and ok it finished of a bit better but i still use my lee press more often).

Bob

I think the Lee is fine, thats what I started with and still use it , but use Redding dies.

Pray tell what is wrong with Lee scales. They seem accurate and consistent in use, and when using Varget and the Lee powder dispenser I dont seem to get any trouble at all.

I dont reload that much and for my use the Lee Aniversary set is good value for money( Mine cost £99)

D

I think the Lee is fine, thats what I started with and still use it , but use Redding dies.

Pray tell what is wrong with Lee scales. They seem accurate and consistent in use, and when using Varget and the Lee powder dispenser I dont seem to get any trouble at all.

I dont reload that much and for my use the Lee Aniversary set is good value for money( Mine cost £99)

D
Nothing wrong with them just slow to set up and use, I also use the lee powder thrower which is a great bit of kit .

bob

Mine has been fine..Only thing I did do was test out the Lee 100% warranty by informing Bushwear that both my hand case length trim and deburring tool were blunt having made 500 rounds....I got a repalcement the following week. Oh and I snapped my hand prime after around 800 rounds adn I goit a new handle direct from Lee around 3 weeks later. Well worth the money.

Back