Just joined

C Graffius

Official Member
My name is Christopher Graffius. I'm the Director of Communications at BASC and have held that post for the last ten years. I've joined the forum - which I've followed for many years so that I can post news of the work we do at BASC and supplement DavidBASC's postings when he's away from the office - as he is today.

I'm not a regular deer stalker, most of my shooting is 'fowling on the Dee Estuary or walked up game in North Wales. It might surprise you to know that a senior BASC salary does not provide the wherewithal for regular driven shooting, but I'm occasionally invited to a day and anyway have a preference for hunting up my own quarry. I tend to get out at least once a week from September to February and turn to game fishing on the Dee in the summer.

Having said that I've stalked in the Highlands and in the home counties, have taken my DSC1. Last year I acquired a second hand Howa .308 on which I've put on a Zeiss, the cheapest available, and a Safari Ching sling - I don't like using sticks. I'm hoping to stalk more and get the DSC2 - when I have the time to organise it given the pressure of work here.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about BASC and the work we do. Given some of the recent posts there's a fair amount of misconceptions current so more communication is in order!

Christopher

Hello Christopher and welcome to the site.

I expect, and hope, that you will be inundated with questions that you will be able to answer in such a way as to clear up a lot perceived irregularities. I shall start a new thread to avoid cluttering up your introduction.

Buckle up it could be a bumpy ride, and thank you for taking the time to do this.

John

Hello Christopher, and welcome.

I spotted your introduction on the forum and wanted to thank you again for your help a few months back when I paid a visit to the local MP.

Good luck with your DSC2 when the time comes.

Dave

hello and welcome christopher from me too , i am a member of the BASC and BDS i am not a wealthy man but i can see the good you all do i would pay more if for both of you as i appreciate the service that you both supply good luck as i feel you may need it with some members here

65x55

Hi Christopher.

As JAYB says forums can be a bumpy ride, as Director of Communications for BASC, I'm sure you can take a few knocks.

Best of luck.

Nick

A happy trade member of BASC

Hello and welcome Christopher,

i am a BASC member and appriciate the good work you guys do.
i done my DSC 1 in Truro with you guys and i attended the DSNW range day @ sevren tunnel last year and found both excellent, ilook forward to more of the same coming this year!

keep up the good work!
Andrew

Back