Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun Room

Gun Room

Hello

Any of you converted a spare room into a gun room so you can have your guns on the wall instead of in metal boxes !!! just toying with the idea so whats my chances

375 Mag

I would say if you have the right alarm system fitted and make the room secure with the right spec door and bar the window and board the loft out right if up stairs then it should not be much bother but get intouch with the police 1st and see what would be passable by them.

I thought you only need to take reasonable precautions ie lock and key !

no mate i have a jo....

Here's another alternative at a minor cost of 6k it's a real beauty.

Available from THE BESPOKE FURNITURE COMPANY.

Unfortunatley beyond my reach, but I can always DREAM eh!!!!!!!!!

Rgds, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 11-03-2011 at 22:09.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Solid walls, no studding, and block access entry through the ceiling. New door frame and reinforced door with suitable locks should do it. Oh don't forget the floor if upstairs as you don't want them coming in from below. The plods will still want to see them in cabinets as they have a tin box mentality.

Mate of mine has a room on the ground floor no window block walls all round fire check door and frame security grade locks with thrust bolts,high tensile re mesh in ceiling,intruder alarm to house no problems getting it passed but cost.

We have a gunroom with a window and glass fronted cabinets but the windows have to be barred, the ceiling is 1ft thick reinforced concrete, vibration sensors on door and window bars plus motion sensors inside. Redcare line that calls direct to the police and me if there is a tamper. It is a kot more than the 6k cabinet above so I'd go with that if you just want to see your guns displayed nicely!

I have one but it's for space, not for display. My gunroom is hidden behind a wall with the door invisible to casual scrutiny. In this room the rifles are stacked three deep along the walls and handguns hang on hooks placed in pegboard.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I have one but it's for space, not for display. My gunroom is hidden behind a wall with the door invisible to casual scrutiny. In this room the rifles are stacked three deep along the walls and handguns hang on hooks placed in pegboard.~Muir
    Muir by the sound of things the Laws are not as Strict over there as they are HERE.

Think the only Handguns we get are for Humane Dispatch.

Rgds, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 12-03-2011 at 13:32.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"