RCBS vs Redding

egc28

Hi all, would really appreciate advice. Am looking to buy first press to load .243. I want one that will last a lifetime and be safe and reliable. I am thinking of an RCBS Turret or a Redding T7. Any thoughts? And advice on where to buy one? Reading posts here it seems Rockchucker also popular. Many thanks.

Apart from the trickler on the Dial-o-Grain scale and the Lyman case trimmer everything is RCBS.
P1000738.jpg

HWH.

I reckon there's not much in it. On average, I've heard more people recommend Redding dies than RCBS, but not much. I still reckon they are pretty equal.
I've got Lee presses, Lee dies, Redding dies, Redding scales, RCBS lube sizer and Lyman trimmer. Redding customer service is lightning fast no questions asked.
For a good balance of value vs quality I'd still go Lee cast iron press, Redding dies and RCBS or Redding balance scales.

I have an RCBS rockchucker & its very good but would love the redding t7 & rate the redding dies over RCBS but still good gear. The Lyman T-Mag is also a good press worth consideration but the redding t7 would be mi first choice out of the two.

Back