Thread: Parker Hale .308 200!!!

Parker Hale .308 200!!!

Have a look at this link guys and see if you are interested?
    If you are and you cant view the pics there drop me a pm and I will add some on here
    http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/foru...1#entry1351161
    Cheers
    Edd

there's a missing link??

Hmmmm that's an old one for sure. Still has the std two stage military trigger so my guess it's an early Safari Std. Would need to see the markings to be sure. It could be sporterised M98 in a Sile stock and without the Parker-Name roll marking on barrel, if it's not there, I would say that's what it is.

Doesn't look like a Parker Hale to me , just look at the old fixed military floorplate. As Brithunter says a military conversion in a similar stock perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Doesn't look like a Parker Hale to me , just look at the old fixed military floorplate. As Brithunter says a military conversion in a similar stock perhaps.
    The very first ones offered in about 1962/3 they offered one with the std floor plate and trigger so it will depend on the roll markings. It "could" be a Parker-Hale
    note could be.

Account Suspended
    Looks like an old Safari 1200 to me I used to have one it was my very first sporting rifle I purchased in 243 cal the only difference was mine had a set trigger where you pushed a clip in the trigger forward to engage set and the barrel and action was parkerized with a mat anti glare finish , nice rifle the only thing wrong with it the action was as sl;ack as a pair of whores clouts and the extractor sometimes over rided the cartridge rim

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Looks like an old Safari 1200 to me I used to have one it was my very first sporting rifle I purchased in 243 cal the only difference was mine had a set trigger where you pushed a clip in the trigger forward to engage set and the barrel and action was parkerized with a mat anti glare finish , nice rifle the only thing wrong with it the action was as sl;ack as a pair of whores clouts and the extractor sometimes over rided the cartridge rim
    Nope not a 1200 as the trigger is wrong as is the stock style. The 1200 was never offered as far as I am aware with the std Mauser Military trigger. The 1100M African Magnum was but not the 1200. Of course as I don't have all the options P-H offered proven in print I am ready to be proven wrong. I am still gathering information about P-H and their models.

Will add some detalied pics tomorrow and see if that can clear up the disscussion about exactly what it is?!?
    Edd