Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HS Precision stock - any views?

HS Precision stock - any views?

Hi,
    I'm looking at a HS precision Kevlar & fibreglass stock for my custom build .223 remy 700 SPS.
    Any opinions?

HS precision stocks are good really, not as good as mcmillan in my opinion. If you have one that you like then stick with it. I have had mine glass bedded. I know they say you dont need to with a bedding block but it has helped consistency

Great, thanks. I'm getting it from South Yorks Guns and believe it is being bedded prior to fitting. They said it would help with accuracy etc.

I have one and have acheived a couple of groups sub .25 MOA without it being bedded so you should have no problems with yours.

Dave

Good stuff. Thanks.

The A2 Mcmillan is far better , For prone shooting they are chalk and cheese , Jackson rifles I believe are the importers ,
    You only cry once you know you want one

Have tried a McMillan. It's very nice but I preferred the HS mark 2 stock. The palm swell and fore end suits me better. Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by coriolis View Post
    Great, thanks. I'm getting it from South Yorks Guns and believe it is being bedded prior to fitting. They said it would help with accuracy etc.
    What kind of bedding job has been done without your action being available? I may have mis-interpreted what you are saying...

The HS stocks had an aluminium bedding block fitted as standard. On occasion they needed a small amount of work to ensure a good fit to the action. I emailed them a while back asking about the availability of the thumbhole they do as a mate of mine has used 2 over the years. They are without doubt one of the best stocks I have ever used on a rifle, and I currently have a McMillan fitted to mine. I was told last year that they would not export to GB at all at that time as their current stock of products was destined elsewhere but if I could provide an address in the USA it could be posted there to be sent on. I was told then it could be a wait of 2-3 months.

Can a stock make that much difference, I've got the sps 700 with the standard stock... It shoots one inch groups at two hundred yards after testing evey make of bullet on the Market to find the one which suits the rifle. Is it just an excuse to buy a nicer looking stock...
    Regards oli

Quote Originally Posted by Oli223 View Post
    Can a stock make that much difference, I've got the sps 700 with the standard stock... It shoots one inch groups at two hundred yards after testing evey make of bullet on the Market to find the one which suits the rifle. Is it just an excuse to buy a nicer looking stock...
    Regards oli
    I think it can make a massive difference. Some stocks seem to convey the recoil less than others, assist in the eye coming up quicker or more naturally to line with the scope, some fit the prone body shape better than say shooting off sticks and so on. You are right though in some respects, it is just an excuse...