Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BDS South West Scotland Branch Wild Deer Management Presentation

BDS South West Scotland Branch Wild Deer Management Presentation

Wild Deer Management and the Work of the SNH. 5th April 2011 Ken Bridge Hotel 7.30pm
    Ronald Rose one of the world’s leading authorities on roe deer management will give a presentation on his work at Eskdalemuir. Many members know Ronald having taken their DSC Level One with him. Ronald’s knowledge of roe deer is second to none. For many years Ronald and his father (also Ronald) have managed one of the largest forests in Scotland. Their work on forestry management now forms the blueprint for the planting of forests throughout the UK and Europe. If you thought they just planted a sapling in the ground this will open your eyes into the world of the professional stalker/forester.
    Ronald Jnr is now employed by Scottish National Heritage as the Collaboration Deer Management officer for Scotland and is responsible for managing the Case Studies into local sustainable deer management for Scotland. This a Joint-Agency project with representation from FCS, SNH, and ADMG, and he will include in the presentation details of his current work involving deer.
    All are welcome to attend. The hotel bar and restaurant will be open. Cost £2.50p

Spiker,

where is the ken bridge hotel mate

frank

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    Spiker,

where is the ken bridge hotel mate

frank
    Possibly on the river ken at the head of loch ken

Ken Bridge Hotel, Accommodation in Dumfries and Galloway

HTH

That sounds like a good talk . Who are you getting from the ADMG and the FC
    Last edited by 6pointer; 16-03-2011 at 10:12.

Apologies I should have added it to the inital thread. The Ken Bridge Hotel is on the A713 at New Galloway 12 miles north of Castle Douglas.

Spiker.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Apologies I should have added it to the inital thread. The Ken Bridge Hotel is on the A713 at New Galloway 12 miles north of Castle Douglas.

Spiker.
    none required,

now got it on google and will likely attend.
    not coming from scotland nor knowing the D&g area i wanted to know.
    as for it been on the river ken is that supposed to make it more recognisable.. ??

thanks for the info spiker see you there.

frank

Keith

Hoping to attend this as well. Circumstances (family bereavement) and pressures of work have caused me to miss the last couple of meetings, both of which sounded as if the subject matter was very interesting. Should (fingers crossed) be ok for this.

All the best

Stephen
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Stephen.

Thats a pity as the last two have been cracking events and very well surported. More planned for the future. Activity Day in October being planned as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    is responsible for managing the Case Studies into local sustainable deer management for Scotland. This a Joint-Agency project with representation from FCS, SNH, and ADMG
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    That sounds like a good talk . Who are you getting from the ADMG and the FC
    I read the above as meaning the project has representation from the various groups, not the branch's talk.

Come along to the evening 6pointer, I'll introduce you to the guys who lease Whitelees.

Ok mate but i have met most depending on what section