Sako 75 jamming??

james19306

Hi guys anyone on here ever had any problems with a sako 75 jamming bullets right into the back of the barrel and not entering it at all? it seems the cartridges are taking a very acute upward angle just before they leave the mag and jam at the threads where the barrel is screwed in i tightened the lips on the mag but this made it worse so i loosened them again much more than they were before and jamming stoppen but now its putting a tiny tiny scrape on every bullet when entering the chamber. The bullet seems to slide along the entrance of the chamber and guides in this way but because of this it is also clipping the rim of the case where case and bullet meet. any ideas about how to solve this one??

Nope, mine is fine and always has been. What calibre are you using? Has your rifle been rebarrelled?

Simon

James the rifle isn't jamming, it's a feed problem. Sounds to me like the feed lips on the magazine may be damaged or distorted. If you can try another magazine. It should be easy for a gunsmith to sort out or a gifted amatuer. Scrapes and scratches on rounds aren't unusual when feeding from magazines and aren't generally something to worry about.

Hi thanks for the advice, this rifle is a .222 and is only 2 years old plus probably only fired 100-150 shots magazine was in totally perfect condition no way it had and bends in the lips thats why i dont understand it. Like i said in first post i opened the lips up a bit after tightening made the problem worse and it seems to be feeding fine now except for the tiny scrape on the bullet head. I took the rifle out yesterday to zero a new scope and fired one 1 1/2" and another 1" inch group with it at 200 yards so doesent seem to be doing it any harm accuracy wise. Just the little scrape annoying me now, i think i will leave it alone now as it doesent seem to be doing any harm. Thanks for help.

I bought a new sako 85 in 204 that was doing the exact same.
I was so fed up with it I took it back to my dealer and changed it for another rifle.
I always liked sakos and still have 2 others and never had a problem before this.

It has done this from new but it only ever happened with winchester soft points so i put it down to the these cartridges not suiting the gun but recently it started jamming the Hornady v-max as well. I dont want to buy a new magazine at £120 but this will probably sort it.

I didnt bring it back at the start because it only ever happened with one cartridge so thought nothing of it. Its only recently started doing it with ballistic tip ammo.

Now Simon better to buy a quality rifle,blaser springs to mind:stir::evil::rofl::D

I hear blasers are only good for deaf deer, all that having to slam the bolt shut so it will work. Then there's the reloading problems people have, let alone the price of the things. I nearly weakened though the other month, there was one on guntrader, thank goodness I didn't weaken :lol::stir::evil::rofl:

One of these days i might weaken but at the moment i am having too much fun ;)

Simon

Back