Thread: Unusual sight

Unusual sight

Was showing a friends son how to call foxes at the back of my house , when I switched on the lamp an otter came up out if the river about 80m away. Nice to see something out of the ordinary. Tomorrow morning my son and I have planned to get some fish from the Market and put the trail cam out.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb View Post
    Was showing a friends son how to call foxes at the back of my house , when I switched on the lamp an otter came up out if the river about 80m away. Nice to see something out of the ordinary. Tomorrow morning my son and I have planned to get some fish from the Market and put the trail cam out.
    Fantastic the environment must be in tip top condition to sustain them your very lucky. I see them occasionally on the Mull of Kintyre whilst touring in my campervan they sometime come to visit us whilst having an early breakfast and appear quite fearless.

The farmer that owns the land around us mentioned they are about but in 5yrs I have never seen one. There was a salmon ladder built not far from us on the river but the fish are very scarce so I was surprised to see it. I hope to get a few pictures soon.

Wonder why the fish are scarce?

I see them when fishing on the river Brora a fair bit and enjoy watching them. The flip side is when they start on the ducks and you loose over a hundred off a pond to otters.

Established Poster
    Hi guys weve got otters in and around cambridgshire / hertfordshire area not that we get to see them often enough though .

Ah Tarka , the rotter