realistically

MrYou

How many trip out to the field, wether rabbit, deer, pigeon , fox etc etc , do you get in a week / month/ year ?

Some lads have 1000's of threads , posts etc..& I see a lot of general 'glib tripe' on several sites from chaps that talk the talk, but how many actually do the do ?

I try to get out at least twice a week. Mainly bunny bashing with the lamp this time of year. So some crows with the shotgun when nights lighter. Only done 1 paid stalk, but have another booked. Done a little invited game shooting, few times a year. On the clays [if that counts] about every fortnight.

Out to deer on average about 8 times a week
Foxes/rabbits 3 times a week
All weather dependant,could be more than that,could be less if snow on go

Real Life

I try to get out on deer at least twice a month and do one session on the range or out pigeon shooting. During the summer months I will add to this by shooting various competitions at Bisley.
Unfortunately, my shift pattern of 4 on, 4 off has not translated to 4 days work, 4 days shooting:(

Generally shoot about twice a week. A night's lamping or an evening deer stalking pretty much every week, plus a couple of hours range time most Sundays.

June to September, might go lamping two or three times a week.

I am self employed and work from home, so that helps alot. Also means there is no one looking over my shoulder when I am wasting time on this site...

Once every 2 weeks for Fox & Rabbits, twice a month for deer with a spot of roost shooting thrown in for good measure on the weekends Jayne decides we don't have to worry about house, garden, family etc!

Twice a week on the rabbits/foxes at night, once a week on game during the season, once a week or more on woodchucks once they start shoaling up, twice a month on deer since I started stalking, work gets slotted in between and is a severe inconvenience.

At least 5 outings a week, on game or vermin of one sort or another mostly at home but also to our syndicate ground or invites or bought days. Then there's clay days and reload testing days too.

Normally get out at least twice a week but at this time of the year we start to lamp a lot more and really pressure charlie. Stalking wise I'll make at least 100 personal stalks a year mainly through mid summer to December. I'm off for quite a chunk during the summer and I shoot most days then.

only once a week for me, either Friday night when I'm not in work the next morning or stalking at the weekend. Usually make a full weekend of it, drive down Friday evening stalk all day Saturday, camp over and drive back Sunday.

As circumstances change, so does my stalking, when I had my own ground 10 mins from my house, it was as often as I could, this varied, but an average was once a week, that was on 1200 Acres. I'm in a DMG which has various beats to shoot over, my beat is shared with a few others, but now living 338 miles away and only getting the opportunity to shoot on weekends, it's gone to once a month ish....That's due to trying to be a weekend Dad/Husband/DIY expert/Garden expert, the list goes on.

I have recently taken on another syndicate place which has 3 species on it, so I recon over the summer months I'll be stalking twice a month, as I'll be able to stalk first light and be home for brekkie with the family with not to much grief from "Her indoors".

TJ

Not as much as I'd like, far more than my wife likes......:confused::confused::confused:

As I don't have any permission to call my own at the moment, it's probably stalking around 6-8 times a year at the moment, game shooting every other weekend in the winter, lamping rabbits & foxes every week through the winter, pigeons over decoys probably once a fortnight through spring/summer/early autumn, rats with the air-rifle every few weeks, rabbits with the 17hmr/air rifle every week during the spring/summer....see, told you it was nowhere near enough!!!:D

I'm very fortunate in the fact I can take around four rifles into work with me,(when I'm in the truck), I usually shoot for an hour or so on the bunnies in the morning, then after work ceases,I can spend an hour or two on paper, in the quarry bottom @ anything up to 400yds, then revert to foxing on the neighbouring properties till around 11pm, weekends I can sometimes be found running either butts or firing points on m.o.d. ranges, then back out foxing, stalking gets done as & when funds allow.

If at home, depending on season, i will be out anything up to 7 or 8 times aweek, but at very least once a week, this is stalking/foxing

nell

Syndicate ground about 5 weekends per year. Trying to do one guided stalk per month. Pigeons, bunnies etc, about twice a month. Range about once or twice a month. Between May and September I like to fish the Dove twice a week, mainly in the evenings after work.

I would love to stalk more but don't have any local ground as yet, so its always a special occasion for me.

well done to those that get out, some very fit healthy chaps here..17 replies 389 looks !! :eek: think thats says summat ! I average 5 days afternoon or eve, sometimes both & in my prime it shatters me, but the endorphins are partying..

'Finnbear' you must be 8st wet thru, either glued to the pc seat , starving, with lack of nourisment, & with all that exersise & outings too, how you get time to breath amaises me :lol:

Back