Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 VMax

55 VMax

I would like a load using 55 vmax in 223 have started reloading 21.5grs using N-133 and iam working up but all the reload books are giving quite a large range of data this could take forever to get close to something looking sweet!!! out of the Sako.
    Also the min AOL is great from book to book but still lerning, fired first reloads Sunday 2.5 inches of centre with three shots at 150 with snooty necks.
    Last edited by quiteman; 14-03-2011 at 07:20.

Quote Originally Posted by quiteman View Post
    I would like a load using 55 vmax in 223 have started reloading 21.5grs using N-133 and iam working up but all the reload books are giving quite a large range of data this could take forever to get close to something looking sweet!!! out of the Sako.
    Also the min AOL is great from book to book but still lerning, fired first reloads Sunday 2.5 inches of centre with three shots at 150 with snooty necks.
    Shoot at 100 yds, it will give you a better understanding of what is going on and the clicks on your scope will work as intended.
    Sooty necks are usually a sign of low pressure. [21.5 gr of Viht N133 is a low charge.]
    Shoot at 100 yds and slowly increase the charge and do not exceed the manufacturers maximum charge as this is printed for your safety.
    My Viht. guide shows 24.8 gr as maximum for the 55 gr bullet.

HWH.

Hi Q/M.
    I shoot Rem .223 1/12 twist.
    55gr Sierra Gameking's SP & 55gr Nosler BT - 25gns VihtV N133 @ 3375fps
    Also 40gr V-Max - 26.5gns VihtV N133 @ 3795fps very accurate, but start "lower & work up" as these are at "MAX"
    Lapua Brass + CCI Primer's.
    Hope this help's you out.

ATB
    Wullie.
    Last edited by black lab; 15-03-2011 at 12:48.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

Hi all, do not exceed the manufacturers maximum charge as this is printed for your safety yes that would be good but the reloading books offer diffreint charge loads so which ones are right all the books are not the same on charge size
    Chris

Hi all, do not exceed the manufacturers maximum charge as this is printed for your safety yes that would be good but the reloading books offer diffreint charge loads so which ones are right all the books are not the same on charge size
    Chris
    A sensible person would use the one provided by that particular powder manufacturer and preferably his most recent offering.

HWH.

just remember i am just starting as you had too. thanks

just remember i am just starting as you had too. thanks
    Quite so, but 50 years ago there was no internet for help so we had to rely on common-sense and maufacturers recommendations.
    It has worked out well though for as yet I have had neither accident nor incident.
    You will find re-loading an interesting and challenging pastime.

HWH.

I think youll find that ol stag knows his stuff , how long have you been working with deer now Mr H ?

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    I think youll find that ol stag knows his stuff , how long have you been working with deer now Mr H ?
    I got this my first stalking rifle in 1961 and shot my first deer that year, a cull Red stag.
    Bullets were expensive and imported by Frank Dyke from Germany so I started re-loading then.
    HWH.

I thought it was a while now sir , i really think you should get a book together even if its just some of those pictures you have and a brief caption underneath im sure greg would buy one