Whats your favorite thing about stalking deer

When I get to the firing point and the heads are still down...Job done well.
Apart from the fact that I can't,....to back away and leave at this point would not bother me.
S.

For someone who spends most week days sitting in front of a computer the best part is just getting out amongst it!

for me its watching the frost grow whilst felling the faintest warmth of the sun on your face. or is it the regret but joy of taking a beautiful animal. or is it being with a friend enjoying them take an animal and feel that amazing sense of releif after a good shot. or is it just being out watching nature and being part of it for a brief moment. or is it eating what you have shot or is it........ oh i cant decide:)

I like the early morning inky blue and the colours gradually taking there vivid tones and the majical sound of the dawn chorus just as the sun rises at 4am feeling i have stole a few hours on every one else and the sight of a big proud roe buck looking out over his territory. AND AND AND AND AND
P1010051.jpg

Last edited:
Getting a beast is just a bonus ,to getting out in the countryside with other wild life,no cities or city noises just bliss.enjoy

All of it from the planning of how and where I am going to approach to walking out of the game dealers with a few quid in my pocket. But if I blank and spend 2 or 3 hours out in the country watching the world go by then that is fine with me as well; strange really because it snaps me if I blank when out fishing!!

Dave

I HAVE HEARD YOU LIKE THE STALK.MADONNA HAD THEM PROBLEMS LATELY.OBVIOUSLY THERE WERE DEER IN HER ROOM MATE:rofl:

OK, I'll be the first to admit it. I enjoy shooting the deer. I like the slight quickening of the pulse when you catch sight of the deer out of the corner of your eye. The calm that takes over as you line up the shot. The thud of the recoil and observing the animal go down. And that immediately after the shot the cold hands that I'd been mentally cursing just before, are now nice and warm. (That'll be due to the quickening of the pulse then).
If the deer has run any distance after the shot there's then the agonising wait until you go forward, shortly followed by the elation of finding the deer not far away.

Back