Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling a Hampshire Roebuck

Calling a Hampshire Roebuck

Hi All
    Thought I would show you this clip of one of a buck we called in Hampshire the weekend. My mate Mat was doing the shooting and I was doing the calling on this one.
    As a novice Roe caller I doubt I was using the call correctly but it seemed to work ok.

Wayne

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Fantastic Wayne, did well.

Looked perfect bullet strike also.

In the last 40 seconds or there abouts, you can see a couple of deer running from the top centre of the picture also.

Good Clip.

TJ

Hi TJ
    They were the doe and fawn that came in first they had been stood by the buck. Did your CD arrive after??

Wayne

Thats very nice Wayne you must be building up quite a library by now. You will have to start taking a tripod with you and leaving the gun at home, let your mate do the shooting and you can film him

Up until you explained the other two deer I thought you were have outstanding success with the caller.

John

Fantastic Wayne.

i find if you lay of the local brew the night before your hand is a lot steadier

if you ever need someone to film shooting your deer......

Hi John
    The camera adds another dimension to the stalking but I still prefer to carry the rifle but I must admit I think I get more excited calling for someone else than if I am doing the shooting.

Wayne

Bucksden
    You of all people must know how hard it is to keep the camera steady when your squeezing something in your pocket

Wayne

As for the shooting you know where I am just shout.

Wayne

thanks wayne an informative use of the butulo for sure i think i could use one with more confidance now after listening / watching your video.

Well,for someone new to calling you certainly had him coming in alright............keep it up mate..............Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE DAVIES
    You of all people must know how hard it is to keep the camera steady when your squeezing something in your pocket
    Wayne, i havent had the pleasure of holding something in my pocket at the same time as a camera, but i have developed a technique of using the call in my pocket with the rifle on the bipod. it must look like i found a wormhole