Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 25 06 reloading

  1. #1

    25 06 reloading

    hi there need some advice on powder bullet grain must be over 100 reloading advice first time at reloading as anybody got any recepies thanks

  2. #2
    I use 52gr of Vit N160 with Sierra 100gr SPT Pro-hunter #1620 http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.c...le&caliberID=5 with my Tikka T3.

    Just started reloading for it and the results seem promising, the image is from first time tests and I'll need to change seating depth, add remove a tenth of gr powder etc. to see if I can get it better

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_0057.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	214.3 KB 
ID:	5467

    I also tested with 50gr & 51gr of the same powder and the results were about the same so I need to decide if the extra few fps gained by the extra powder is worth it (I'll do some better chrono tests next time I'm at the range).

    Note - 52gr Vit N160 is the max charge with this bullet according to the Sierra reloading software.

  3. #3
    thanks for that/ some usefull information there

  4. #4
    42gr N140 100gr Hornady PSP, very economical and very accurate !

    cheers FlyBoy270

  5. #5
    watch the jelen mike norris video about reloading on youtube - mike gives you the secret formula there.

    i have a few

    85gn ballistic tip 57gn n160
    100gn sierra spbt 53gn n160
    100 gn ballistic tip 49gn h4350

    remember start high, work up!

  6. #6
    Offroad Gary

    post the link to the mike norris reloading on youtube if you can,

    cheers

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    watch the jelen mike norris video about reloading on youtube - mike gives you the secret formula there.

    100 gn ballistic tip 49gn h4350

    remember start high, work up!
    That seems quite low concidering you last sentence.

    Isnt it less than the staring load?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    100gn sierra spbt 53gn n160


    remember start high, work up!
    Nice post - you've just recommended that someone starts with a load higher than the bullet manufacturer own documentation recommends and then told them to go even higher. I often wondered why Sierra stopped at that powder weight when it still had empty boxes on the reloading chart that it could have filled with higher values.

    Let's hope the OP doesn't follow the advice and end up with a knackered rifle or something worse. Can you offer any further information, or preferably links, to where you found that the load you recommended is actually safe?

    Apart from "my rifle's not damaged and I still have my face."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Nice post - you've just recommended that someone starts with a load higher than the bullet manufacturer own documentation recommends and then told them to go even higher. I often wondered why Sierra stopped at that powder weight when it still had empty boxes on the reloading chart that it could have filled with higher values.

    Let's hope the OP doesn't follow the advice and end up with a knackered rifle or something worse. Can you offer any further information, or preferably links, to where you found that the load you recommended is actually safe?

    Apart from "my rifle's not damaged and I still have my face."
    Speer manual
    Nosler manual

    Get a life

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sweep 6.5x55 View Post
    That seems quite low concidering you last sentence.

    Isnt it less than the staring load?
    0.5 gn lower than nosler start load - raggy hole accurate at 3100 fps and causes little damage but flattens roe on the spot.

    Its all in the length you know!

Similar Threads

  1. 25-06 v 30-06.........it has been decided...........
    By Cadex in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-04-2013, 06:58
  2. dies wanted .223, 25-06, 30-06
    By Offroad Gary in forum Reloading
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-04-2013, 23:38
  3. Wanted Cardboard Ammo boxes for either .25-06, .270, .30-06 or 7x64
    By rarms in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 14:01
  4. 25-06 Reloading Dies
    By buck52 in forum Reloading
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-11-2010, 13:23
  5. For Sale BRASS 30-06 & 270 for swap 25-06
    By glyn in forum Reloading
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-11-2010, 00:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •