Thread: Open ticket issued first time - within a week!

Open ticket issued first time - within a week!

I had my FEO visit on Monday 7th March for my FAC grant and was told today (Monday 14th March) on the phone that they were about to send out my open ticket! To say I was pleased is an understatement!!
    I have applied for a .17hmr, .243 & .30-06 (all with the option of mods).
    I think the reasons it all went so well is because I've heard and read lots of horror stories and warnings, so I gathered as much paperwork & stuff together as I could, things like 'permission to shoot letters', risk assessments, clearly marked maps & BASC membership. I have also completed DSC1, which I know they like to see.
    The Firearms department was that of Dorset and Anya Sparks (FEO) was incredibly helpful and friendly.
    Whether it was down to good luck on the day, good old fashioned manners, or my preparation, I don't know but I would really like to thank Mike from Jelen Deer Services who helped me throughout the entire process. Cheers Mike.

I hope my success story continues for others.

Paul

well done mate

I think quite a lot of your good fortune has to do with your FLO Anya. I have had the good fortune to shoot on a driven shoot with her and most of her family several times. Sadly it seems no longer to be the norm that FLO's are country people like Anya. Well done Paul.

I have to add that I am with Dorset and they were goood with me. Although I had a mentored condition, which after being mentored I cant complain as I learnt so bloody much. Even-so my FEO Liz was great and let me have FAC Air Rilfe,.17HMR,6.5 x 55 and 30-06 on first application.

chickenmam and scooby

you two really know how to make a man weep. i have had my .22 rimfire for 6 years. got my 243 after 3 years and 222 a year after that. i applied for an open ticket when applying for my 222. and it came through. i have just sold my 222 and applied for a 308. you can imagine my surprise when it came back 6 and a bit weeks later with an open ticket for 22 and 243 but not my 308. to say i want to scream is an understatement. policy in sussex i have been told is that you would only get an open ticket after 2 years. needless to same now i have got my 308 my ticket is going back.
    a few words of advice boys.........dont move to sussex

regards pj

just to get it clear in my mind, what is an open ticket
    "any legal quarry"
    or
    "on any land the holder has authority to shoot"?

I keep reading these posts about land that has not been cleared to shoot with CF or only has clearance for RF
    do they actually come out and view the land?
    what happens if your land you have listed is not in the same region as the FLO?

The .pdf on this link should provide you with the answers, but it's nothing to do with the AOLQ condition:

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/...2C528EAF147301

Yes they will inspect and they can request other force's FEOs to visit on their behalf when the land isn't in the force area.

Well done, you were very lucky!

I had a similar situation when I applied for my .243. All my other firearms are on an open cert but the FEO wanted to put my .243 on a restricted cert as it was my first deer rifle.

I pointed out that how come I was legal to shoot a munty on my ground with my .223 yet I would not be allowed to shoot it with my .243 deer rifle.

The penny then dropped and he agreed it was totally illogical so .243 went on open ticket.

D

Mine came back open on first application...... until they realised it was an admin error and asked me to send it back immediately.

It's open now for .17hmr and .223 but closed for .243 which is totally illogical, but force policy apparently.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Well done, you were very lucky!

I had a similar situation when I applied for my .243. All my other firearms are on an open cert but the FEO wanted to put my .243 on a restricted cert as it was my first deer rifle.

I pointed out that how come I was legal to shoot a munty on my ground with my .223 yet I would not be allowed to shoot it with my .243 deer rifle.

The penny then dropped and he agreed it was totally illogical so .243 went on open ticket.

D
    Some constabularies will send back a certificate with a new/fresh calibre on it as a closed condition, no matter what else is is on there!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!